Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2016, 04:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Another question for AXIS/VEGAS owners

This is a question for AXIS/VEGAS owners with the removable "dining" table and couch. What do you do with the table when not in use. The table takes up so much room in the coach, that we do not see ourselves using it much. But not sure we want to leave it behind.

Would love to hear what experienced VEGAS\AXIS owners have done. Also, where do you store your ladder for the overhead bunk?

Old 07-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
This is a question for AXIS/VEGAS owners with the removable "dining" table and couch. What do you do with the table when not in use. The table takes up so much room in the coach, that we do not see ourselves using it much. But not sure we want to leave it behind.

Would love to hear what experienced VEGAS\AXIS owners have done. Also, where do you store your ladder for the overhead bunk?
The table fits in the slot behind the couch. It is out of the way and in the 2016 models it is a little smaller and lighter so it is easier to get in and out. The little table has a slot back there too. I don't use the top bunk very often so I usually leave the ladder home. It if do need to take it, it fits in the rear large compartment under the coach from either side.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
We've left the big couch table surface and its 2 tubes in the garage since day one. The table and tube for the front stay in our coach and we use it often. The ladder is stored in the garage also and if the bed was ever needed for sleeping, the slide's shelf/couch arm could be used as a transition step.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:41 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3973
Table storage

In the 2017 model, they have moved the tables and legs into the wardrobe. They take up very little room and are easy to access.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:30 PM   #5

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
The ladder for the bunk is stored behind the couch.
Both tables & tubes are stored in our garage. We bought 2 lightweight folding tables at home depot. When we're parked, they're folded and lean against the wall next to the couch, out of the way, until we need them. When traveling, we put them on the bed.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:39 PM   #6
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Vegas question

I store mine under the jack knife sofa on top of th fresh water tank.

Kev
Old 07-10-2016, 10:06 PM   #7

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
What slot? My couch fits against wall.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #8
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
That's what I was wondering. That's why mine is stored under the sofa.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:54 PM   #9

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Hugh -- the 24.1s have a wooden storage rack behind the sofa back. It has three holes to store the 3 aluminum legs vertically. Then it has two cutouts for the large table top and the smaller table that goes between the captain chairs. Finally there is a slot in the wooden storage rack for the bunk ladder.

We carry all the legs, table tops, and ladder with us all the time. They are completely out of the way. We wrap the top of the legs with a hand towel to keep them from rattling or hitting the back of the sofa cushions. We also squeeze a pillow between the table tops stored on their edges vertically to also keep them from rattling.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:12 PM   #10

State: Texas
THOR #4397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
Do you have a 2017 model? A previous poster (bolandd) said that the 2017 had the table and poles stored in the wardrobe. I just took a tour of the 2017 a month ago, that's where I found them instead of behind the sofa. But this is for the 24.1, not any of the other models.

Good luck!
Old 07-11-2016, 12:44 AM   #11
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes
Do you have a 2017 model? A previous poster (bolandd) said that the 2017 had the table and poles stored in the wardrobe. I just took a tour of the 2017 a month ago, that's where I found them instead of behind the sofa. But this is for the 24.1, not any of the other models.
Yup prior to 2017 the couch folded out and used an air mattress. This means that the back of the couch is stationary and there is room behind there for the tables and poles.

The newer 24.1 models have a jack-knife sofa there--the back folds flat. When the jack-knife sofa is flat there is no room for the poles and tables so they had to find somewhere else to store them.

Also note that Mo Mike, the original poster, has a 25.2 NOT a 24.1.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:21 PM   #12

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Thanks for explaining the behind the sofa

Glad you explained the "behind the sofa" I was going crazy trying to find a way to put them behind the jack knife sofa.

I do like the idea of under the sofa with the water tank
Old 07-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #13

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
That's because we have a 25.2. I don't have storage behind the couch either. I like to put stuff in the drop down bunk since I cant get up there anyway. Too old to navigate that little ladder. I just move mine around to where its not in the way. Oh by the way did you know the armrests on the couch come out and make for a bigger sleeping area.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:05 PM   #14

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yup prior to 2017 the couch folded out and used an air mattress. This means that the back of the couch is stationary and there is room behind there for the tables and poles.

The newer 24.1 models have a jack-knife sofa there--the back folds flat. When the jack-knife sofa is flat there is no room for the poles and tables so they had to find somewhere else to store them.

Also note that Mo Mike, the original poster, has a 25.2 NOT a 24.1.
Jamie, when you say a "jack-knife" sofa on 2017 model with 24.1 floor plan, do you mean a traditional two-section sofa where you sleep lengthwise (relative to vehicle)?

Thor 2017 specs and floorpan show the 25.2 with a jack-knife sofa but the 24.1 with a "leatherette sofa". Dimensions are also very different. A jack-knife sofa would sound like an improvement to me, but wouldn't it be very short in a 24.1?

Sorry for thread drift....
Old 07-14-2016, 06:23 PM   #15
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Jamie, when you say a "jack-knife" sofa on 2017 model with 24.1 floor plan, do you mean a traditional two-section sofa where you sleep lengthwise (relative to vehicle)?
Look on here:
https://thormotorcoach.com/axis/features/
Quote:
Leatherette Jack-Knife Sofa & Removable Pedestal Table
The Jack-Knife sofa is one where you lift the bottom up and kind of pull it out; this causes the vertical back part to lay down flat next to the bottom.

LOL I would imagine a jack-knife in the 24.1 would end up something like this since it really isn't long enough to sleep in either direction:

Hey look, a handy Thor video showing one:
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:29 PM   #16
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Having the 2016 Axis 24.1..our tables/legs & ladder are stowed behind the sofa. We have not used either on our recent trips, as we bring a couple tv trays and this handy table I found on Amazon, which folds in half and stows in the closet without taking up much room. In addition, this table is great when sitting outside!
Click image for larger version

Name:	handy table.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	2474
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #17

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Look on here:
https://thormotorcoach.com/axis/features/

The Jack-Knife sofa is one where you lift the bottom up and kind of pull it out; this causes the vertical back part to lay down flat next to the bottom.

LOL I would imagine a jack-knife in the 24.1 would end up something like this since it really isn't long enough to sleep in either direction:

Hey look, a handy Thor video showing one:
That's funny. That was me trying to sleep in the overhead bunk.