Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nebraska
THOR #5757
If you take the drawer under the microwave out you should find a couple of values on the right. there is a red and a white tube draining out there. guess red is for hot water line. t5hose are only ones I found besides fresh water drain

Old 11-01-2016, 03:39 AM   #42

Model: Compass TR23
State: California
THOR #5842
For sewer dump, unscrew bottom cover to compartment, remove drain cap, rotate downward, reach under and attach drain hose. Pull black tank handle first, when it finishes, pull two smaller grey tank handles above drain, then main larger grey tank handle next to black tank handle.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:27 PM   #43

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #5749
Completly dumping waste water

I had no trouble figuring out how to dump the waste water, but what's the procedure for rinsing the holding tanks on my Compass 23 TB? Also, I agree with everyone's comments about the lack of manuals and documentation.
Thanks
Old 11-10-2016, 04:19 AM   #44

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Wyoming
THOR #5901
Taking my Gemini into dealer on Friday for a replacement frame around skylight. Hope they have it figured out by now. Also had the hot water heater go out on me on last trip. Called Thor and they were puzzled and gave me the number for Girard. Seems that there is a recall for the solenoid switch for the propane. Cold water is a pain. Otherwise happy with the mpg of 15-16.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #45

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #5900
Compass/Gemini

I will be retiring soon and I'm looking forward to getting an RV and traveling. I saw an ad on YouTube by Thor for their Compass and thought it might be ideal for my situation. The size and fuel mileage sound impressive. Would the owners of the Compass/Gemini buy one again or recommend this product? Thank you for your thoughts.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:16 AM   #46

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Compass/Gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingRVing View Post
I will be retiring soon and I'm looking forward to getting an RV and traveling. I saw an ad on YouTube by Thor for their Compass and thought it might be ideal for my situation. The size and fuel mileage sound impressive. Would the owners of the Compass/Gemini buy one again or recommend this product? Thank you for your thoughts.
I'm interested in your responses too. It seems, for history, there are only the 2016 and 2017 units. Any real time recommendations/ hesitations would be welcomed...as the floor plan, size and drivability are all very attractive. I see a "punch list" is to be expected but would like confirmation that "overall" owner satisfaction is high.
Nancy, potential Gemini owner
Old 11-17-2016, 01:38 AM   #47

State: Wyoming
THOR #5901
Girard tankless water heater

Guess my problem is going to be a bit of a fight. Talked to Girard and was told to have the service department call them for the solenoid. Then the service department supposedly checked the unit last Friday and put the part on order. Today I get an email from them that Girard does not know anything about a recall and the tech must check out the heater before they will send a part. Has anyone else had a problem with Girard and parts? Or is it my service department?
Old 11-29-2016, 08:40 PM   #48

THOR #5749
Thanks for the tip. Was this advice for the Compass?
Old 11-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #49

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
THOR #2601
In general the way most service departments work for warranty issues are for the owner to take the RV to the dealer and report the discrepancy they are having. The dealer then has his technicians try to replicate the problem. If they duplicate it, they notify Thor and/or the system manufacturer for what they discovered and what part is deficient. The company and/or Thor authorizes the repair and sends the part if the dealer does not have it in stock.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:56 AM   #50

THOR #5922
Girard tankless water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMike View Post
Guess my problem is going to be a bit of a fight. Talked to Girard and was told to have the service department call them for the solenoid. Then the service department supposedly checked the unit last Friday and put the part on order. Today I get an email from them that Girard does not know anything about a recall and the tech must check out the heater before they will send a part. Has anyone else had a problem with Girard and parts? Or is it my service department?
Happy to report my dealership service department identified the Girard water heater valve problem (after my inability to get it to produce hot water) and have told me Girard is shipping to them direct --in remarkable short order (1 week). Expecting to get my unit back with working Girard TWH later this week. Nancy
Old 02-15-2017, 06:34 AM   #51

State: Nevada
THOR #4729
My compass updates

I guess I may be the "senior" owner here only because we've done 14,000 miles on our 2016 Compass as of today.
Going downhill on a good day I can see 20mpg on the display. Uphill on a windy day, and it may be as little as 10mpg. On average I'm guessing we see about 14mpg at 70mph.
The fit and finish aren't great, with several annoying things like screws coming loose, hinges failing, doors out of square. The biggest was the skylight frame falling down as I mentioned before. The location of the AC and HP unit right above the bed is way too noisy. Furnace off and on also noisy. Microwave too low to see the controls. Tankless hot water is plain awful, and in for service. Poor location of dump outlet solved by using a right angle connector.
Everything considered, we're loving it. It handles like a big car, parks easily most everywhere. I'll make a separate post or 2 regarding specific issues.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:45 AM   #52

THOR #4729
Easy fill tank cap story

Now here comes the weirdest one of all. In the last year I had this problem a few times with inserting a diesel nozzle into the tank. I wouldn't go in. I assumed it was just the gas stations old size nozzle? I'd find another station, and it would go in and I'd fill it up and move on. Now with this long trip last week, it failed to go in at 3 stations. The little flap just wouldn't open no matter what I did. I was in nowhereland Texas and called Camping World. They recommended a Ford dealer outside El Paso. I had 150 miles worth of fuel, and it was 180 mile away. I started the drive at 50mph, no AC, and after an hour I cut the deficit to 20 miles short. My GPS found a closer Ford dealer, and I made it there with about 2 gallon2 to spare. The manager and techie couldn't get it to open either, and ordered the part. Of course the damn cap couldn't be simply screwed off, so we were stuck in El Paso for 3 days at a RV park close by waiting. I read up on it on the net and someone mentioned the little gray plastic funnel that comes with our Transit Compass. I never really looked at it before, so I went outside and pushed it into the cap. Damn if it didn't go straight in with no effort! Keep this in mind IF you're cap fails to open some day.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:49 AM   #53

THOR #4729
Seiki TV problems

I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't scan for any cable channels when at Disneyworlds Fort Wilderness. The premier and most expensive RV park, with the best TV in the world. Their techie came by and said... "Thor right? Seiki TV right? Seems like these TV's are so low end that they don't have a QAM tuner in them. I've since had the same issue at a couple other RV parks. I can hook up an external tuner, or swap them out completely. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 02-15-2017, 08:10 AM   #54

THOR #5922
Good to know "the little gray plastic funnel" tip, I thought it was for filling the DEF which I haven't had to do yet.
Thanks for this "heads up"!
Old 02-17-2017, 07:16 PM   #55

THOR #5922
Tank heaters

Has anyone relied on their tank heaters while overnighting in a below freezing situation while in transit --and how low? I'll shortly be on my way south to a milder climate and I see the lowest overnight temperature (for my dates) is likely Oregon/ Northern Cal...I suppose I could just postpone my trip but I would be very disappointed.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:09 AM   #56

State: Texas
THOR #5646
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMike View Post
Taking my Gemini into dealer on Friday for a replacement frame around skylight. Hope they have it figured out by now. Also had the hot water heater go out on me on last trip. Called Thor and they were puzzled and gave me the number for Girard. Seems that there is a recall for the solenoid switch for the propane. Cold water is a pain. Otherwise happy with the mpg of 15-16.
We had a similar problem with our hot water heater. The display had an error E1.
We also had the issue with the frame around the skylight sagging. That was fixed by adding decorative screws. It was a creative solution to a design flaw.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:15 PM   #57

Model: Gemini TX
THOR #6814
Gemini TX model

We recently purchased a 2017 TX. Since they are a newer model we were wondering if anyone has one and would like to share their experiences with their coach.
So far, we have traveled over 1,500 miles and have been quite pleased. Small issues but we like the Sprinter Chassis and the extra slide out.
It would be great to hear others thoughts and experiences.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #58

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
we too have the 24TX. In general its been positive, with multiple annoying issues. Latest, is when I last pulled the rear slide in, the lights above the bedroom cabinet and the two led lights in the bedroom ceiling went out, and will not now work. Thor suggested checking wires behind the switch, no problem there, guess I'm in wait mode for the dealer to fix. I'm not about to pull panels or crawl under it, while its still factory warranted. Love the maneuverability, drivability and mileage it gets. Surprisingly the Gemini did not come with running boards, making it almost impossible for my wife to get in or out of the cab doors. I had them added, really think they belong there. Its about the only Sprinter chassis motorhome I have seen that did not have running boards as standard equipment.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #59

Model: Gemini TX
THOR #6814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
we too have the 24TX. In general its been positive, with multiple annoying issues. Latest, is when I last pulled the rear slide in, the lights above the bedroom cabinet and the two led lights in the bedroom ceiling went out, and will not now work. Thor suggested checking wires behind the switch, no problem there, guess I'm in wait mode for the dealer to fix. I'm not about to pull panels or crawl under it, while its still factory warranted. Love the maneuverability, drivability and mileage it gets. Surprisingly the Gemini did not come with running boards, making it almost impossible for my wife to get in or out of the cab doors. I had them added, really think they belong there. Its about the only Sprinter chassis motorhome I have seen that did not have running boards as standard equipment.
It's great to hear from another TX owner. Running boards would have been a great addition, we plan to purchase them in the near future.
We are on a long trip right now and haven't encountered many issues thus far. We do plan to have the cabin door adjusted when we return home. It seems a little loose.
I have noticed a smell of LP when we encounter a steep hill, it's not long lasting but we think it may have to do with the refrigerator.
Beyond that, this vehicle has made a good trip.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:27 AM   #60

THOR #6701
Very interesting posts. We just purchased a 2017 Gemini TR. Its been in the repair side of the dealer getting readied for delivery for 3 weeks. Waiting on some parts. The frame for the skylight was hanging when we purchased it and the pedestal did not work for the front table. There is also some cabinet damage in the bedroom area. I know this is a new design and am sure there are improvements being made for these issues. Or hope so. We are looking forward to getting delivery and heading out for a shake down cruise. As for a manual on the unit, we have had two new rvs in the past and never had anything but a basic RV Care publication as well as some very limited information pamphlets on the appliances.
Ours hung around the dealership for 6 months being test driven and taken to shows so I will assume no upgrades have been done on it so I can expect some issues. Still looking forward to the experience.