Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by the traveling artist View Post
I am sorry, new to this and to my Gemini. I am referring to not being able to find channels after hooking up cable at rv resort. I have 3 tv's, all are Seiki and all have the same issue. Thanks for responding. Oh, the Gemini is 2017 so I imagine the tv's are also from same year.
Sounds like your rooftop antenna is still activated and while you are plugged into resort cable you need it to be off. There is a coaxial plate in the cupboard above the fridge in mine (on the left) with a button on it. I think this button needs to be "out" not pushed in. I think that the light will be off when the button is out showing you your rooftop antenna is off and you are set to receive channels through the rv resort cable.
If positioning this button the opposite way doesn't work there is a whole other set of responses dealing with the Seiki TVs and lack of QAM receivers. If you search you will find it in the forum under Seiki TV's. Nancy

Old 06-19-2019, 07:16 PM   #82

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #4729
Quote:
I am sorry, new to this and to my Gemini. I am referring to not being able to find channels after hooking up cable at rv resort. I have 3 tv's, all are Seiki and all have the same issue. Thanks for responding. Oh, the Gemini is 2017 so I imagine the tv's are also from same year.
Ahh yes. Those TVs don’t have a QAM tuner built in.
Most campgrounds will give you a box to hookup.
Some folks replace the TVs.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:51 PM   #83

State: Michigan
THOR #15696
Nancy, thanks so much, I did not know where the switch was to turn antenna off and on. It was off and so I scanned with it on and at least I have 6 antenna channels (thanks to you). Still no solution for cable, I don't know if I am missing something else. Would you know if the Jensen also needs to be set to a different mode. Thanks again for your kindness. Teresa (teresaweier.com)
Old 06-20-2019, 07:38 PM   #84

THOR #5922
Quote:
Nancy, thanks so much, I did not know where the switch was to turn antenna off and on. It was off and so I scanned with it on and at least I have 6 antenna channels (thanks to you). Still no solution for cable, I don't know if I am missing something else. Would you know if the Jensen also needs to be set to a different mode. Thanks again for your kindness. Teresa (teresaweier.com)
In mine, the Jensen is not involved unless I am playing a DVD. You should try scanning all the TVs in the "cable" mode (with the antenna OFF) to see any have the tuner in them. You might also ask the resort checkin people if there is a cable box you could be issued while there. I had that at higher end resorts. It needs to go inline between the post and your exterior cable plug-in requiring another bit of coaxial cable.....Nancy
Old 06-21-2019, 02:42 AM   #85

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Artist, the Jensen unit has an antenna wire attached to the rear of the unit. The unit slides right out with the removal of the screws, one in each corner. The wire usually comes tied up but it should be untied and straightened out to receive better radio reception. But like Nancy says, it has nothing to do with the tv, only radio.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #86

THOR #15696
Nancy, so sorry to bother you but I can’t seem to find a solution to this issue and thought maybe you had experienced it. My water heater begins to beep and displays an error code 5 message when I turn on the hot water. Again, thank you so much for your time.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:13 PM   #87

THOR #5922
Quote:
Nancy, so sorry to bother you but I can’t seem to find a solution to this issue and thought maybe you had experienced it. My water heater begins to beep and displays an error code 5 message when I turn on the hot water. Again, thank you so much for your time.
So I looked up E5 E5: Blower motor failure. No motor signal was detected before ignition or during normal operation. This could be also caused by a wiring fault in the motor connections. (Mine is a Girard GSWH -2)

I'm assuming you have turned on the heat exchanger with the little button the heater unit itself. You would find it right inside the exterior door to the heater. Then you would go to your interior panel and set the temperature you want and press the on/off button there too.

If you are reading other threads on here you will see I'm no expert on wiring! You might have to go to an RV tech for this...
Nancy
Old 09-23-2019, 10:23 PM   #88

THOR #15696
Thanks Nancy, Mine is also a gswh-2. Yes, the switch is on in both locations. I called Girard and they also said it could a motor problem and I might need a replacement. . Oh well, still lots to be thankful for. You are so kind, thanks for your help. Teresa
Old 09-24-2019, 04:01 AM   #89

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #4729
Quote:
My error code problems were solved by shutt I gotta off all power, and then retrying. If error persists, I’d first google it, then get it serviced by a dealer.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:53 PM   #90

THOR #15696
Thanks so much, I will try that... fingers crossed.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:24 PM   #91

State: Ohio
THOR #19819
Hi , I have a Gemini 23TR 2017, could you tell me where the fresh water tank drain is located.
Thanks
Old 04-17-2021, 02:32 PM   #92

Model: Compass TR23
State: California
THOR #5842
Fresh water tank drain location

On the left side in the rear storage bin. You have to take off the partition wall and you will find the water pump and the drain valve. While you are at it you should check the filter screen on the pump. It will have some plastic pieces caught in there.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:09 PM   #93

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
You can get almost all of the manuals for your model by going to the Thor website, open an account and find owner resources, put in your VIN number, the manuals ,schematic, videos and a whole lot of other info is there. You can also contact customer care with your problem. I have has great success with Thor sending me specific parts that have broken even after the warranty has expired, most notably the drawer latches and the gas lift for the bed.
RE the fridge , its very important that the MH is fairly level by fairly level , my test is if the bathroom door closes by itself you are not level.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB