Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango4 View Post
It's great to hear from another TX owner. Running boards would have been a great addition, we plan to purchase them in the near future.
We are on a long trip right now and haven't encountered many issues thus far. We do plan to have the cabin door adjusted when we return home. It seems a little loose.
I have noticed a smell of LP when we encounter a steep hill, it's not long lasting but we think it may have to do with the refrigerator.
Beyond that, this vehicle has made a good trip.
If your refrigerator is the same as ours, you should be able to run it on 12 volts while underway. That would solve your possible LP issue, but you really should never smell LP, and your alarm should be going crazy is LP is leaking. I complained that the LP sensor, in the bedroom, was faulty and going off all the time. Turned out, there was a slight LP leak, and the alarm was doing exactly what it should have been doing. LP leak was fixed, no more alarm problem.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:20 AM   #62

THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
we too have the 24TX. In general its been positive, with multiple annoying issues. Latest, is when I last pulled the rear slide in, the lights above the bedroom cabinet and the two led lights in the bedroom ceiling went out, and will not now work. Thor suggested checking wires behind the switch, no problem there, guess I'm in wait mode for the dealer to fix. I'm not about to pull panels or crawl under it, while its still factory warranted.
Finally got the electrical taken care, of, dealer found some frame work supporting the bedroom floor came loose, got tangled in the wires, and when the slide came in, pulled the wires loose. In addition to the bedroom lights I mentioned above, the lights above the couch in the living area, also did not work, as well as two or three 100 volt outlets. Always something, so it seems.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:40 AM   #63

Model: Gemini TX
State: Florida
THOR #6814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Finally got the electrical taken care, of, dealer found some frame work supporting the bedroom floor came loose, got tangled in the wires, and when the slide came in, pulled the wires loose. In addition to the bedroom lights I mentioned above, the lights above the couch in the living area, also did not work, as well as two or three 100 volt outlets. Always something, so it seems.
Wow, that's a lot of electrical issues. I hope you get them resolved quickly. We are waiting to pick up our coach from the dealer for some issues from our 1st trip. The main issue we had was a blown rear tire (inside). They we're supposed to work on a few other issues, the door and figure out why our hot water works in every place except for the shower. We will pick it up this weekend and see how much they got done. After reading this forum, I'm kind of worried.

Thanks for posting updates on your coach. It's good to know what is going on with other Gemini's.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:30 PM   #64

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
Its amazing what you can learn on this forum.I know Blue Ray can not be played in a DVD player, how ever, I just spent four hours in the hot RV in my driveway trying to figure out what was wrong with our Jensen system. Thanks xrxcse. Saved me an embarrassing moment during a phone call to Jensen.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:28 AM   #65

State: Georgia
THOR #9223
We have a new 2017 Thor Gemini, and naturally we have a million questions. Finding a lot of good answers here- thanks to all for that.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:05 AM   #66

Model: Compass 23 TB
THOR #9231
Smile Our new Compass 23TR - First trip went well

We just completed our first 1,000 mile trip in our new 2017 Compass TR. Overall, things went very well and we had a great time. Here are a few things we learned:

Tankless water heater-- worked great IF water flow was strong. At one RV park, water pressure was a bit low and the heater would not run. Solution-- turn on the water pump to augment the water flow. Heater worked flawlessly after that.

BED - we thought the mattress was a bit thin, so added a 2" memory foam topper. Worked great and you can still easily fold the mattress up when the bedroom slide is in.

Rattles underway - Found most of these came from the blinds that bounced against the frame. Simple fix is to put short pieces of 1/4" self stick weatherstripping on the back of the bottom tube on the blind where the frame rails can hit.

Entry Door air leaks - this caused lots of noise underway. I will take this back to the dealer to see if they can adjust it, but for now, I put some 1/4" weather stripping around the door opening. Much quieter now!

Table pedestal - There is a slot in the floor mount and a tongue in the base of the pedestal that inserts in the mount with a twist. The pedestal bottom is adjustable and can be unscrewed or tightened by turning it. Our salesman did not have a clue on this and said we had the wrong base -- all that was needed was to unscrew the base a bit.

Black Water Flush - I plan to add a flush system, but for now, after dumping the tanks, I simply run the bath sink (cold water) to add water (it drains into the black tank) for a few minutes. This allows the tank to slosh around and wash itself a bit while we drive. Seems to work fine.

Chassis/engine -- worked flawlessly! Good power with the Diesel and wonderful fuel economy (we got 15 - 16mpg at 65 to 68 mph on the interstate). This is a great driving coach and I did not miss towing a car at all. It was easy to disconnect utilities in the morning and use the coach as a car to sightsee.

Overall, we are very happy with our new Compass.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:36 AM   #67

THOR #5821
We just returned after a couple of weeks in the Gemini. It did well, interestingly we have the same air leak and accompanying wind noise at the main door while underway. We too added a two inch memory foam pad to the mattress. Makes it more comfortable, the down side, it makes even higher a bed that is already difficult to get in and out of. We have had no problems with the tankless water heater, since I changed the pressure regulator to an adjustable one, and set it to about 53psi. Solved all our intermittent hot water problems. I did have a black tank flush added prior to delivery, works great. I completely agree, the chassis, engine and drive train are very pleasant to drive. We are averaging between 16 and 17 mpg, depending on how fast I drive. Even at 70mph+ I'm still getting 16mpg, very impressive. The little 3.0L diesel spins almost silently, even on grades.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #68

Brand: Still Looking
State: Mississippi
THOR #9170
404 - File or directory not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrxcse View Post
I have some user manuals for my ac but I don't know if it came with mh or I downloaded it. here is a link to what I think you need. Tells how to use control panel. It is a pdf. If you can't download I can scan and email to you what I have. http://www.dometic.com/QBankFiles3/E...nual_17586.pdf
Hi, I am new, just got a 2017 Compass TR and have the same complaint about the manuals.
Thanks for the thread on the ac manual, but it is no longer there. Error code 404 - File or directory not found.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:23 PM   #69

State: Iowa
THOR #9195
I am a new Gemini owner but have (3) 5ers prior. When I travel south out of Iowa in the winter I dont carry any water in the tanks. Bottle water in the fridge to drink and flush the toilet using RV antifreeze. Worked for us for years.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:17 PM   #70

THOR #9223
First trip

We FINALLY had our first night out in our new Gemini. We had a blast. Mountain View campgrounds in Hiawassee, GA. Nice little place. The Gemini handles and drives beautifully. We were driving on aggressive, twisty mountain roads, and averaged 16.2 mpg. Very pleased with that.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #71

Model: Compass, 23TB
THOR #9782
Save work, use outside shower to drain fresh water tank

j2iron
Old 11-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #72

THOR #9223
Can you simply flush the toilet continuously while draining the black water tank?
Old 11-10-2017, 01:33 AM   #73

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevencedars View Post
Can you simply flush the toilet continuously while draining the black water tank?
If you are going to do that, wait for the black tank to empty, close the valve and flush the toilet until fresh tank is empty than open the black dump valve to give the black system a good clear water flush.
I like to travel with 1/2 tank of fresh and enough in the black tank to splash around and help clean. Very last stop before heading home I dump the black tank, flush with clear water, add about 2 gal of clean water for chemical mix and try to avoid using the toilet.
Also good idea to know free dump stations near your home.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:48 AM   #74

THOR #5821
There is a drain valve on the fresh water tank. Seems to me to be the easiest way.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #75
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
This would depend on what the desired result is: Are we trying to flush the black tank or empty the fresh water tank?

Also note that in many (all?) Thor's the bathroom sink is plumbed to the black tank thus all you'd have to do is turn on the sink and wait (don't walk away for too long, don't want to overfill the black tank).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #76

THOR #10950
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboe10 View Post
I know and that's not the only component I got no info on. There was no manual or setup guide for Jensen audio system. I was able to find them online fortunately. Not so lucky with the ac control center. The Dometic website is a total mystery and often isn't even functional.
Hey can you provide a link to the documentation you have found? I'm still trying to figure out all the settings on the Jensen.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:42 PM   #77

Model: Compass TR23
THOR #5842
Jensen manual

Try this link:

https://www.jensenrvdirect.com/downl...ence_guide.pdf
Old 06-19-2019, 12:41 AM   #78

THOR #15696
Yes, I am having the same issue, did you find a solution? Thanks
Old 06-19-2019, 04:25 AM   #79

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #4729
Quote:
Originally Posted by the traveling artist View Post
Yes, I am having the same issue, did you find a solution? Thanks

This is 2 years old. Which issue ru referring to?
Old 06-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #80

THOR #15696
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKConey View Post
This is 2 years old. Which issue ru referring to?
I am sorry, new to this and to my Gemini. I am referring to not being able to find channels after hooking up cable at rv resort. I have 3 tv's, all are Seiki and all have the same issue. Thanks for responding. Oh, the Gemini is 2017 so I imagine the tv's are also from same year.