Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2016, 06:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #4608
Any Compass or Gemini owners out there?

I have a Dometic AC panel question

Old 06-27-2016, 12:18 AM   #2

Model: Compass
State: Florida
THOR #3948
I have a 2016 Thor Compass 23tr but I am pretty new to the RV world. We took delivery in March. But I will try to help
Old 07-06-2016, 06:10 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #4729
your question?
Old 07-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #4

THOR #4608
Hi, just trying to determine which model the unit is. I don't have a manual that explains the control panel. Thanks, J
Old 07-12-2016, 04:06 AM   #5

THOR #4729
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboe10 View Post
Hi, just trying to determine which model the unit is. I don't have a manual that explains the control panel. Thanks, J
Indeed... it pisses me off that we spend so much money on this coach, and Thor can't provide us with a dedicated manual? It's learn as you go for me with all the controls.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:41 PM   #6

THOR #4608
I know and that's not the only component I got no info on. There was no manual or setup guide for Jensen audio system. I was able to find them online fortunately. Not so lucky with the ac control center. The Dometic website is a total mystery and often isn't even functional.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:01 AM   #7

THOR #3948
I have some user manuals for my ac but I don't know if it came with mh or I downloaded it. here is a link to what I think you need. Tells how to use control panel. It is a pdf. If you can't download I can scan and email to you what I have. http://www.dometic.com/QBankFiles3/E...nual_17586.pdf
Old 07-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #8

THOR #3948
one thing that confused me with the control panel is that it shows 4 zones. Compass only has zone 1. Disregard other zones.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #9

THOR #4608
Thank you!
Old 07-13-2016, 01:55 PM   #10

THOR #4608
Thanks, that helps. Wasn't sure when the other zones just blinked and couldn't be selected.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #11

THOR #4729
Quote:
I know and that's not the only component I got no info on. There was no manual or setup guide for Jensen audio system. I was able to find them online fortunately. Not so lucky with the ac control center. The Dometic website is a total mystery and often isn't even functional.
Let me tell you, that Jensen radio is harder to figure out than the AC control. The annoying part is the million odd button pushes to set the clock. Then when you kill the house batteries, it goes back to 1200 and you have to reset it again.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:38 PM   #12

THOR #4729
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, that helps. Wasn't sure when the other zones just blinked and couldn't be selected.
My issue was with the programs, and the clock settings. Eventually I just gave up and turn it on or off. The other annoying issue is that it's right over the bed, and really loud when on.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:51 PM   #13

THOR #3948
I had to download the Jensen operator guide when I couldn't figure out how to set clock. Didn't come with mh either. Not sure why it has to be so involved to set the time. It should just have a clock button to set time. We keep the coach on shore power when we are home so I don't have to reset the clock all the time. I don't care for the seek feature on the radio. I want it to seek and stop when it finds a station. It is a dvd player not blue ray. Won't play blue ray. The sound can be directed to 3 different zones or all zones at once. When we play dvd or music we can set it to play just outside when we are sitting outside. It could definitely be better but we are adapting. For us we like most everything about this mh. Thor could definitley do a better job with manuals. When I inquired through email I was told to download from Thor website but there is nothing for compass. Now I don't get any response to my emails to Thor. The forums I have been on are the best help I have seen.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:10 PM   #14

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Most but not all blue ray play DVD but DVD will not play blue ray
Old 07-15-2016, 01:35 AM   #15

THOR #4729
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrxcse View Post
I had to download the Jensen operator guide when I couldn't figure out how to set clock. Didn't come with mh either. Not sure why it has to be so involved to set the time. It should just have a clock button to set time. When I inquired through email I was told to download from Thor website but there is nothing for compass. Now I don't get any response to my emails to Thor. The forums I have been on are the best help I have seen.
Other questions and reports about my Compass:

Twice the fridge has stopped working with an error code. Had to be reset by the dealer. I was told all is OK. May have been because it was parked on an Incline? So every time it's on my driveway, I can't use the fridge!

Have you figured out what the extra 2 valves above the dump valves are? I was told the shower water goes into the black tank? Then why 2 gray tanks?

Have you found a fresh water tank drain?

Beware the frame around the front skylight has a tendency to fall out. It's held up by double sided tape and Velcro.

No Manuel is a disgrace.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:41 AM   #16
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKConey
Twice the fridge has stopped working with an error code. Had to be reset by the dealer. I was told all is OK. May have been because it was parked on an Incline? So every time it's on my driveway, I can't use the fridge!

Have you figured out what the extra 2 valves above the dump valves are? I was told the shower water goes into the black tank? Then why 2 gray tanks?

Beware the frame around the front skylight has a tendency to fall out. It's held up by double sided tape and Velcro.
We have to level our Axis in our driveway before running the fridge--the fridge is not very happy when on an incline.

Have you called Thor and asked for plumbing diagrams (both waste, and fresh water)? In our case Thor happily e-mailed me pdf diagrams of every system in our unit that I asked for (waste plumbing, fresh water plumbing, electrical, etc.). The diagram will probably answer all your questions in this regard.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:38 PM   #17

THOR #4608
Thanks for the info, I feel your pain. Good details on the audio system. Bummer about the clock. My mh has been in the shop for a bunch of warranty fixes so I haven't had time to slug it out with the Jenson manual. Nice to hear it works as advertised as far as the speakers go. I'm taking off today and will finally be able to check out the various systems. More later on that. I agree, the lack of information provided by Thor really sucks. J
Old 07-15-2016, 03:41 PM   #18

State: Texas
THOR #4397
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
We have to level our Axis in our driveway before running the fridge--the fridge is not very happy when on an incline.
I backed up our rental Vegas onto our driveway which has a slight incline, so we had to use blocks to bring the front end up. Then I found out that the Vegas is lower in the front end then in the back end and even if on level ground it will still be slightly nose down. So I by backing it up on the driveway the front end was doubly low.

So when we unloaded the Vegas after our trip, I just drove it straight up onto our driveway. Now the higher back end was level with our front end ... problem solved!
Old 07-16-2016, 12:00 AM   #19

THOR #3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKConey View Post
Other questions and reports about my Compass:

• Beware the frame around the front skylight has a tendency to fall out. It's held up by double sided tape and Velcro.

No Manuel is a disgrace.
My fridge had an error "n" when I was on shore power in the driveway when I brought mh home. Norcold owners manual said it needed to go to dealer. I found on Lance camper website a reset procedure for my fridge. Here it is:
  • Turn fridge off then on
  • Press and hold both the temp set and mode buttons-as soon as the screen reads 1,release them (This is diagnostic mode, screen 1)
  • Press mode button to move through the diagnostic screens until you get to screen 6
  • When you get to screen 6, it will flash Er
  • Press and hold temp set button until it reads CL then release temp set
  • Wait 5 seconds, press temp set button again, it should read Er again and the n code should be gone.
  • To exit diagnostic mode, either press and hold temp set and mode,or turn it off and on
This worked for me. I found a spot in the driveway where I am level enough w/o ramps for the fridge to work.

The 2 valves are for the 2 grey tanks. One is for the kitchen sink and the other is for bathroom sink and shower. Toilet goes to the black tank. I dump black tank and then follow with both grey tanks to help rinse dump hose.

The fresh water drain valve is located inside the long outside storage compartment under slide area. open hatch and to the left you will see a false wall secured by 2 screws. Back out the screws so you can remove panel. You should see your water pump inside that cavity. The fresh water drain valve is just behind the pump. You will be able to see where it goes to the tank. While you are in there twist off the clear filter housing on top of pump and clean the screen. Mine had lots of plastic shavings in it. I check it after every trip until it shows no more debris. My fresh water drain was draining into dump compartment. Dealer put on an extended hose that came out under coach. I am thinking of putting some kind of valve on the extension so I don't have to go through storage compartment to open valve.
Hope this helps
Old 07-16-2016, 08:18 PM   #20

THOR #4729
Many thanks.

Great info..... Can't thank you enough.