Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2019, 02:03 AM   #241

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml1230 View Post
Although relatively new here myself, I want to share my experience.
About 9 months ago we started looking for a class C Motor home....
I thought I did my due diligence ....and then purchased a 2017 Thor freedom elite with 12000 miles on it.
Only after that did I find this forum. After reading some of these threads I seriously considered self ordered mental health counseling......
Then I realized maybe I was just lucky as my rig has been and remains great....
The family experiences and memories so far have been outstanding.....we are very happy we didn't listen only to negatives ....
Just as an FYI... I went to 2 forums focused on the very high end rigs-
I certainly didn't find " total satisfaction " unanimous responses and opinions.
There will always be unhappy people and people that have various levels of ability to repair, that makes a huge difference in how people view rv's. If you are not handy at repairing and expect an rv to be perfect when you buy it and expect there to not be any problems because it is new you will be sorely disappointed. Rv's are rolling nut and bolt shakers, stuff is going to come loose all the time and you have to keep up with it. So many people take the attitude that it is new and they shouldnt have to fix it and take it back to the dealer, the dealer doesnt care, they will have your rv for months before they think about fixing it.

Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:59 PM   #242

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
George

We bought a 2019 challenger an found this site 2 days before we picked it up from dealer it really shook me up too,but we've had it since September,full time, no problems and we have NO regrets. 2500miles from Pa. to Fla. We tow an suv on a dolly and it drives great .We've had hot 90s,cold 30s a lot of rain, again NO problems, hope this helps. PS I'll probably get run off of this site for this.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:24 PM   #243

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
We bought a 2019 challenger an found this site 2 days before we picked it up from dealer it really shook me up too,but we've had it since September,full time, no problems and we have NO regrets. 2500miles from Pa. to Fla. We tow an suv on a dolly and it drives great .We've had hot 90s,cold 30s a lot of rain, again NO problems, hope this helps. PS I'll probably get run off of this site for this.
lol, I would sure hope no one runs you off. These are real life experiences and everyones is different, as with a lot of reviews the upset are always going to post and the happy will post normally when they see a thread like this, those inbetween may go either way. You have to keep in mind what drives people to post when looking at reviews and I am not just referring to Rv's.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:33 PM   #244

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post

Our 2013 A.C.E. has had a few relatively minor issues since purchase but nothing that would cause me, or us, to be unhappy with either Priscilla or Thor after 4 years and 50K miles. Thor tech support and customer service have been very helpful as has our dealer. The dealer being 100 miles away requires a certain amount of flexibility on our part for service issues but together we make it work. NFI here but a shout out for Dave’s RVs in Claremore, OK. Score me in the happy column.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #245

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Well, I am one to figure out a cure when a problem presents itself.
So I may be a little unhappy when something screws up and not easily figured out.
But it is a learning experience, and I want to travel!

Like the saying goes; "If it has wheels, or (fill in blank), it's gonna give you problems!"

My life's experience, be it cars, motorcycles, golf carts, RVs... generally, anything mechanical!
Old 04-02-2019, 01:35 AM   #246

State: California
THOR #14638
2019 Thor Hurricane 35M... After purchase a surprise I didn't expect. 3 tv's, living room, bedroom, and outside. Outside is the only smart tv. Cannot connect inside to campsite hotspot, bluetooth... nothing. Book says those not so smart tv's cost nearly $1,000 each. I bought a smart tv for my sister at Wally World for under $300. Why cheap it out with junk we will have to replace? Axxera tv's are a huge negative in my case.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #247

THOR #13399
2019 Challenger VERY happy with our Thor,4000hi,9months 24/7,also happy with my dealings with Thor factory rep Tyler who has helped answer questions. We been rving since 74 and have had everything from tent ,class A,B and class C and trailers,so I was expecting the usual number of problems,fix myself and dealer repairs,but this has been a very good experience,no trips to dealer so far.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:57 AM   #248
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
We're "Clam in wet sand" happy!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #249

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #13710
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeecandy View Post
2019 Thor Hurricane 35M... After purchase a surprise I didn't expect. 3 tv's, living room, bedroom, and outside. Outside is the only smart tv. Cannot connect inside to campsite hotspot, bluetooth... nothing. Book says those not so smart tv's cost nearly $1,000 each. I bought a smart tv for my sister at Wally World for under $300. Why cheap it out with junk we will have to replace? Axxera tv's are a huge negative in my case.
While I have to agree I'm not a fan of axxera TV, I changed the DVD player to a Sony DVD player with wifi and am able to connect to my smartphone hot spot. Most RV parks don't want you streaming anyway.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #250

THOR #14638
Yes I use my smartphone hotspot most of the time when traveling and couldn't use it on the motorhome. Will check the dvd player for that option. I didn't think about that, Thanks...
Old 04-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #251

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #13710
Quote:
Yes I use my smartphone hotspot most of the time when traveling and couldn't use it on the motorhome. Will check the dvd player for that option. I didn't think about that, Thanks...
You might also check the Amazon fire stick, it's remote is RF, Sony is IR. I'm going to check mine this weekend at our Palm Springs outting.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:32 PM   #252

THOR #2542
Quote:
It should be fairly easy to determine whether your TVs have wifi or Bluetooth connectivity using their onscreen menu systems. If there's no menu item, it simply is not a feature. As far as not being able to connect to the park's cable service is concerned; it's possible the service is scrambled and your TVs do not have the de-scrambling capability which means you need a cable box which some RV parks will provide you. You've presumably already done this but just in case; for cable hookup, to make certain the OTA antenna booster is turned off as it will interfere with the cable signal. Regarding wifi streaming; as others have cautioned, a lot of parks will block the streaming ports on their equipment as streaming eats up a huge amount of the bandwidth on their Internet connection.

However your issue is resolved, please post back how it was done.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #253

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
This is a long thread and though I responded previously I’ll do it again for late comers.....we were very happy with our Freedom Elite. I fixed a few minor items myself but had no issues require dealer or warranty repair. I don’t doubt the issues that get reported here and it makes me sad I also think it’s important that newcomers know that not everyone has terrible experiences with Thor products.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #254

THOR #13399
Thumbs up

Old 04-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #255

THOR #2542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
This is a long thread and though I responded previously I’ll do it again for late comers.....we were very happy with our Freedom Elite. I fixed a few minor items myself but had no issues require dealer or warranty repair. I don’t doubt the issues that get reported here and it makes me sad I also think it’s important that newcomers know that not everyone has terrible experiences with Thor products.
Yessir! You are correct!

Early on in our Thor ownership, the horror stories I read made me so nervous I was reluctant to go very far out of town. When our A.C.E. did not suffer the failures that others had described, I gained confidence and away we went. I'm also a lot more confident in my ability to do my own repair work (up to a limit) and not have to rely on our dealer. This forum helps a lot in that respect.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #256

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Buying an RV is kinda like jumping into a cold swimming pool or lake in the Spring. At first you shiver, wondering what in the heck you've done...who's watching me, will I be able to get to the ladder and get out before I freeze to death...Is there gonna be long-term damage as a result of this...? BUT...once you've paddled around enough, your body begins to adjust to the temperature and you start thinking...wow...this isn't bad at all...what in the world was I thinking...I can do this...I'd do this all over again!! A little later, you've thawed out enough to pee and that nice, warm fuzzy feeling sweeps over you...the final sign you've made it and everything is going to be fine!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #257

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
THOR #14508
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
A little later, you've thawed out enough to pee and that nice, warm fuzzy feeling sweeps over you...the final sign you've made it and all is good!!

Ummm... thanks.... I think!

But I can relate. We're on our second short venture - about 50 miles from home. Had our first dose of cross-town interstate traffic at noon. The only harrowing bit was when my cellphone slipped off the engine cover onto the floor, was using the navigating app, and it rang. Don't try to lean over to pick something up while in the driver's seat - it's a loooong way down there!

Got to the KOA and had my warm fuzzy feeling!
Old 04-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #258
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Get yourself one of those cellphone holders that fits in a cupholder: WeatherTech sells them!
Old 04-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #259

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
THOR #14508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Get yourself one of those cellphone holders that fits in a cupholder: WeatherTech sells them!

Good idea - thanks - will look into that!
Old 04-03-2019, 01:19 PM   #260
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I've been seeing ads for them on T.V. for a couple of Months now...
They have them listed on their website...

https://www.weathertech.com/cupfone/