Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2019, 09:26 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Aria 4000-2nd road trip...

Hello All,
Just returned from Yellowstone NP, Grand Teton NP, and Jackson Hole WY. The Aria ran great to and from Utah to the great outdoors, but we did encounter some issues. We noted our dash AC not working in another thread, so for this trip we ran the generator enroute along with the cabin AC units-worked fine with no issues.

1. Some People! Stopped at a scenic overlook rest area between Idaho Falls and Jackson Hole for the night, awakened at 1am by a jerk with a pickup and travel trailer parked on the opposite curb from us, insisting that "...there is no way you can get that Class A turned out and around past my rig w/o hitting it!" I tried to explain that I'd already gotten around him when I re-positioned the rig earlier but he continued to argue and that he was taking down my tag number in case I hit him on the way out. He then demanded to know what time we were leaving? I didn't give any exact time because we hadn't decided. I also didn't tell him that our new dash-cam was recording everything in case things went further South. Long story short, at 2am we pulled out and around him w/o hitting him and since he was running his generator all night probably didn't hear us leave anyway. Lesson learned: we will start traveling "armed" after this encounter as I'm sure others have experienced such characters who think they know everything and can't reason with other people.
2. Our kitchen sink plumbing fell off, cracked and broken at each sink drain. We only had an unopened roll of paper towels stored down there so the install had to be defective-another job under warranty to be fixed.

We also had another Aria show up in our RV park-the first we've seen-a 2019 3901 so we went over to meet the owners and compare notes on issues with the Aria. We met the Jacksons-nice folks we can't recall where from, but their Aria issues made ours seem like nothing. Mr. Jackson explained that they were also on their 2nd trip, down one AC unit and one furnace that would not work, and the right rear cargo door was duct-taped shut because the latch wouldn't hold the door shut. They advised that their delivering dealer was going to stop carrying Arias due to all of the maintenance issues being reported and so time-consuming to fix. They also advised that they would be trading theirs in as soon as possible due to their frustrations with all the issues. We wished them safe travels and retired for the night.

Today I called our dealer to set up our warranty work appointment-the earliest available date was 10/28, so you folks needing warranty work better set up your appointments!

Hope everyone is settling in for the Fall.
GVP

Old 09-15-2019, 10:55 PM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #16584
Just got back from second trip and the kitchen sink plumbing is broken and just dangling... ugh
Old 09-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #3

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkmacbevo View Post
Just got back from second trip and the kitchen sink plumbing is broken and just dangling... ugh

Just like ours-we wondered where the water on the floor was coming from since the dogs' water bowls weren't sloshing around....
GVP