Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2018, 06:47 AM   #1

State: Florida
THOR #8840
Automatic levelers

We have a 2017 Chateau. We camped about a dozen times since we bought it late summer. Everything worked fine. Just had a shelter built with a concrete floor. The levelers lift the front tires off the ground. We tried to recalibrate but either we're doing it wrong or needs to go for service. Any thoughts?

Old 01-22-2018, 01:02 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
sounds like you 'level' needs to be recalibrated on your panel...what system do you have?
Old 01-22-2018, 04:15 PM   #3

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Not sure of your system... However, have you taken a level inside the unit and checked to see if floor is level after cycle complete? Are you sure your pad is level?

Would need more information to diagnose issue.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree... double-check the status of the pad, "Level" the rig, and then see what a bubble level tells you.
Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:03 PM   #5

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Levelers could be compensating for the slope of the pad you are parked on. As already suggested check the coach for level once the leveling system has completed. There are some sites we have camped at, that once level the front wheels are off the ground. Sometimes to get level that has to happen.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #6

THOR #8840
We just had a pole barn built with concrete floor to house the rv...pad is definitely level..I don't know how to add a picture on here..
Old 01-22-2018, 07:20 PM   #7

THOR #8840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve70605 View Post
Not sure of your system... However, have you taken a level inside the unit and checked to see if floor is level after cycle complete? Are you sure your pad is level?

Would need more information to diagnose issue.
It's an LCI...and the pad is newly poured and levelClick image for larger version

Name:	20180122_141611.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	8666Click image for larger version

Name:	20180122_141448.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	8667
Old 01-22-2018, 07:21 PM   #8

THOR #8840
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfam View Post
sounds like you 'level' needs to be recalibrated on your panel...what system do you have?
lci...Click image for larger version

Name:	20180122_141611.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	8668Click image for larger version

Name:	20180122_141448.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	8669
Old 01-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #9

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Not familiar with the LCI system, but, if its been working well, and suddenly isn't, it could be a bad sensor. Are you able to re-calibrate level from the panel?
Old 01-23-2018, 02:26 AM   #10

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #6600
My LCI leveling system often loses its zero point calibration. The result is front wheels off the ground when we use auto level. I’ve had our rig in for warranty repair 4 times for various issues, and each time the auto level works fine. As soon as I take a trip it loses the setting. Go figure! My solution is a $5 level in the kitchen drawer and use the manual leveling. Works every time. For what it’s worth, here’s hot to recalibrate: 1: Use the manual leveling mode to level your rig on a level surface. Use a level to manually check from several different points on your floor.
2: Once level, shut off the leveling control panel. Then press the up or forward arrow 10 times, followed by pressing the down or back arrow 10 times. The panel will turn on and enter zero calibration mode.
3: Press enter to confirm and the system will calibrate the zero point to the current level position of the rv.
4: finally test your calibration by turning the leveling panel back on, retract your jacks and try auto level.
Hopefully this helps. Awesome pole barn and great looking C Class. Enjoy!!!
Old 01-23-2018, 02:48 AM   #11

THOR #8840
Thanks much! Definitely will try before I bring it in for repair.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:19 AM   #12

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
That looks exactly like the LVI system in our Challenger. I tried the auto, but it moved everything too quickly for my tastes, and seemed to raise us too high. So I started doing it in manual mode, and find I can reach level without going as high.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:34 PM   #13

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in AZ View Post
That looks exactly like the LVI system in our Challenger. I tried the auto, but it moved everything too quickly for my tastes, and seemed to raise us too high. So I started doing it in manual mode, and find I can reach level without going as high.
I do the same thing and only use the manual mode in our Miramar. The auto always raises us to high and if there's even the slightest slope toward the front of the motorhome, it raises the front tires off the ground.

Burch
Old 01-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #14
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by southladon View Post
My LCI leveling system often loses its zero point calibration. The result is front wheels off the ground when we use auto level. I’ve had our rig in for warranty repair 4 times for various issues, and each time the auto level works fine. As soon as I take a trip it loses the setting. Go figure! My solution is a $5 level in the kitchen drawer and use the manual leveling. Works every time. For what it’s worth, here’s hot to recalibrate: 1: Use the manual leveling mode to level your rig on a level surface. Use a level to manually check from several different points on your floor.
2: Once level, shut off the leveling control panel. Then press the up or forward arrow 10 times, followed by pressing the down or back arrow 10 times. The panel will turn on and enter zero calibration mode.
3: Press enter to confirm and the system will calibrate the zero point to the current level position of the rv.
4: finally test your calibration by turning the leveling panel back on, retract your jacks and try auto level.
Hopefully this helps. Awesome pole barn and great looking C Class. Enjoy!!!
Now, it even looks good to THIS guy!
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1516721920
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marty-feldman.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	8692  
Old 01-23-2018, 03:46 PM   #15

THOR #8840
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try it and post my results.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #16
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Good luck!
Old 01-23-2018, 06:21 PM   #17

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #2154
A couple of things I found with this same LCI leveler system:

1. In one of the outside storage compartments on my RV is the controller for the levelers, mounted to the ceiling of the compartment. (On my Windsport it's in the same compartment as the batteries). The original mounting was a little loose, so with vibration it had shifted position slightly. When the unit changes how level it is, that is the new "level" position for the levers. In my case it just took a little larger screws to tightly fasten the controller to the ceiling of the compartment. Then of course, you have to re-calibrate...

2. When you calibrate the level position, do it in as level a spot to park the RV as possible. Then, MANUALLY set to level position with a bubble level on the floor of your RV. What I discovered is that if you set the level calibration with your leveling jacks just high enough to take pressure off the tires, without lifting them up off the ground entirely, the automatic leveling won't try to extend the jacks as high.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:22 AM   #18

State: British Columbia
THOR #15341
Angry 2016 Windsport Stablizer Jacks

When i go camping and put down the stabilizing jacks,after a day and a half or so,the jacks lose there leveling. What can be the issue as i see no fluid around the stabilizing lines and they do not go down if the side is left in and nobody is walking around inside.I have leveled the couch with the side left in and then marked the jacks with a black marker and nothing moves ,but with people in the couch the jacks lose there level.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #19

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol View Post
When i go camping and put down the stabilizing jacks,after a day and a half or so,the jacks lose there leveling. What can be the issue as i see no fluid around the stabilizing lines and they do not go down if the side is left in and nobody is walking around inside.I have leveled the couch with the side left in and then marked the jacks with a black marker and nothing moves ,but with people in the couch the jacks lose there level.
What surface are you parked on and how heavy os your rig?

If you are certain your jacks are not moving, then the combination of your rig weight and the surface underneath the levelers could be such that the jack feet are sinking in a bit.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:16 AM   #20

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
there's actually no 'perfect' leveling system since there are several things in play, beyond the control of any single system - the ground can give way, even ever so slightly and cause one or more of the legs to sink, some, and when you first level you also don't have you and your family moving around in the coach, but afterwards when you do, that shift of weight also comes into play.

Sometimes it take several days before the legs get to a 'stable' place, considering movement and shifting of weight. Some folks use boards, or thick rubber mats, to help minimize movement, or sinking. Sometimes, you just have to 're-level' every several days.

Mine needs re-leveling now, so thanks for the reminder!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote