Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2018, 11:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4064
Axis 24.1 AC Thrermostat

I hate the stock analog thermostat. You cant fine tune it. I spent 3hrs making minute changes until I got it to the comfortable temp. That lasted three days. Then she MOVED it. I was very sad and wont mention that she locked me out for three hours until I promised to be reasonable.

Nothing but tropical storm rains here for two days so I went to Home Depot and bought Honeywell RTH2300B digital with backlit light. I got it installed. Very easy. Red=hot, White=furnace. Green=fan Yellow=AC compressor No connections to the other wires. Works like a champ holds temp to +-1 deg. Life is good

Old 09-06-2018, 02:29 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
I replaced mine with a digital unit from same manufacturer. I got it from Amazon. Search thermostat upgrade on forum.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:54 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
I replaced mine with a digital unit from same manufacturer. I got it from Amazon. Search thermostat upgrade on forum.
We did the same as the residential thermostats didn't seem to have "hi - lo" fan switches and the digital one from coleman-mach did
Old 09-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #4

State: Ontario
THOR #2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
We did the same as the residential thermostats didn't seem to have "hi - lo" fan switches and the digital one from coleman-mach did
Replaced mine with a digital. Now a 0.5 degree temperature swing instead of 3 or 4. Much more even and comfortable temperature. It used to turn on and run a long time (freeze us) then turn on way late (heat us) to control the temperature.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:21 PM   #5

THOR #4366
Replaced ours with digital from wally world, was simple to add a switch to get hi/lo fan back.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #6

THOR #4366
Finally got a chance to check out the heat portion of the digital thermostat. Held +/- 1 degree but it reads 2 degrees high. Other then that worked great at keeping inside at 55 degrees with 30 degree outside temps.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat