Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2017, 06:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #5112
axis and magne shade?

2016 axis 25-2. i installed my magne shade a few days ago and really like it.what i need to know from someone that also has one is how do you store it till next time you need it?do you roll it up, fold it, or just wad it up and stuff it in lower compartment? thanks Jerry

Old 04-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I don't have a magne shade but I do have a shade for the front window. Ours came with a vinyl tube to store it in. I roll up the front shade along with the two sides and store it in the tube all rolled up and just throw the wiper covers in the storage area.

We have the Sunguard shade.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #3

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
2016 axis 25-2. i installed my magne shade a few days ago and really like it.what i need to know from someone that also has one is how do you store it till next time you need it?do you roll it up, fold it, or just wad it up and stuff it in lower compartment? thanks Jerry
Just got mine installed. The instructions say NOT to fold, but roll up with the magnets on the OUTSIDE (don't want the magnets to repel each other because it will cause them to lose their attraction power).
Old 04-12-2017, 12:11 AM   #4
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
Do not fold them. Buy a swimming pool noodle and roll it up using the noodle magnets on the outside.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #5

THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Do not fold them. Buy a swimming pool noodle and roll it up using the noodle magnets on the outside.
Forgot the swimming pool foam noodle instructions there Kev... By the way, the shades look great on our 24.1. Thanks again.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:32 AM   #6
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Forgot the swimming pool foam noodle instructions there Kev... By the way, the shades look great on our 24.1. Thanks again.
Glad the shades worked out for you and you are happy. I think it's a great product. I ordered the windshield shade for the Winsport even though it hasn't arrived yet. In a couple of months I will order the side covers. How about a pic when you get a chance?
Kev
Old 04-12-2017, 02:50 AM   #7

THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Glad the shades worked out for you and you are happy. I think it's a great product. I ordered the windshield shade for the Winsport even though it hasn't arrived yet. In a couple of months I will order the side covers. How about a pic when you get a chance?
Kev
Will do. It is at the dealer getting some last (minor) warranty work done.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:51 AM   #8

State: Illinois
THOR #5112
thanks everyone for your help.took my son and i about 1 hour to install it. moved it out of shop facing the sun for a couple hours. made a difference.