Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2017, 03:39 PM   #261

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
This past weekend we were up in Waynesville/Maggie Valley NC at Pride RV Resort and saw a 2015 Axis 24.2. We started talking to find out they were retired preacher and wife from Denver NC...just 15 miles from us. Small world.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1498577864

Enjoyed the RV park. Here is a picture out our front window, on Row G you have the Steam across the road from your campsite. The water was high as the heavy rain earlier in the week was coming down the mountain. The trout were not interested in my attempts to catch them...but still a great camping site! Note new slabs just poured earlier in the week.

DocMike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pride RV resort.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	5486   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20170625_10_53_05_Pro.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	5487  

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #262
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
We were in Canyon City Colorado today .. saw an Axis
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #263

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Utah
THOR #7349
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
This past weekend we were up in Waynesville/Maggie Valley NC at Pride RV Resort and saw a 2015 Axis 24.2. We started talking to find out they were retired preacher and wife from Denver NC...just 15 miles from us. Small world.

Enjoyed the RV park. Here is a picture out our front window, on Row G you have the Steam across the road from your campsite. The water was high as the heavy rain earlier in the week was coming down the mountain. The trout were not interested in my attempts to catch them...but still a great camping site! Note new slabs just poured earlier in the week.

DocMike

Pretty much a fan of all campsites with steam. Our maiden voyage first night had one and I was in Heaven. Great pic.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:17 PM   #264

Model: ACE 29.3
THOR #7779
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post

DocMike

We were row G site 8 !
Old 07-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #265

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
THOR #2142
Cobia13,

We were the couple with the two black Labs. Great RV Park, planning on a get together for the "Dixie Traveliers in August there.

BTW: In Georgia at the Old Federal Campground on Lake Lanier. Saw a 2017 Vegas 24.1 with the blue curve paint job on it yesterday (5th of July) in the Campground. Spoke to the owner...they only had if 5 days? Must have been the Maiden Flight.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:04 PM   #266

Model: 16 Vegas 24.1 6 sp
State: Washington
THOR #3051
Just spotted a Vegas at Coupeville boat launch
Old 07-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #267

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Missouri
THOR #5711
Vegas on I44 in Missouri

On Sunday, July 9 we spotted a Vegas north bound on I44 near an exit for union, MO. We were south bound in our Vegas.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:26 AM   #268

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Just visited with a forum member with a Vegas 25.2 identical to ours at an overlook stop in Nova Scotia. The day before, had a brief visit with couple from PA in a Vegas 25.1. They were unaware of the forum.

But wait, there's more! Forum member HarleyHal has his 25.2 just down the road from our campsite near Baddeck. Have seen a few other Vegas/Axis on the road this summer, and a few more new ones at dealers.

Our Vegas gets attention in campgrounds. Always happy to give folks a tour. We should be getting a commission!
Old 08-09-2017, 01:24 AM   #269

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
Passed a Vegas towing a Mini Cooper yesterday on I -40 west just outside Amarillo Tx !!
Alabama tag and graphic reading Cousin Eddie!
Old 08-11-2017, 01:38 AM   #270

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #4466
Monday, August 7, 2015, our 25.2 Axis spotted an Axis or Vegas headed south on Hwy 127 in northern Michigan. Wait! Could have been I-75. Can't tell them apart.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #271

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
Saw a Axis parked in RV park between Santa Fe and Taos,NM!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:55 PM   #272

Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdog View Post
Monday, August 7, 2015, our 25.2 Axis spotted an Axis or Vegas headed south on Hwy 127 in northern Michigan. Wait! Could have been I-75. Can't tell them apart.

US 127 turns into I-75 just south of Grayling.
If you're going south that's where they split.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:28 AM   #273

State: California
THOR #7060
I spot a Vegas parked outside my house in San Pablo Ca!
Old 08-20-2017, 01:15 AM   #274
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
A story goes with this one:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-08-19 07.04.10.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	6435
We're on our way to eclipse camping and stop for the night at the Indianapolis KOA.

In the morning we see the above Vegas parked next to us. I happen to run into the owner and start talking "nice unit you got there" etc. etc. During our conversation he says something like "yeah thanks to JamieGeek" (I think we was expecting to tell me all about these wonderful forums LOL) to which I reply "oh yeah thats me!" LOL Of course that only expanded on the conversation... (Note that I did not mention the forums at all prior to his mentioning me.)

Please forgive me I forgot your user name so I can't give a shoutout (I really am terrible with names).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:30 AM   #275

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Attachment 6435
We're on our way to eclipse camping and stop for the night at the Indianapolis KOA.

In the morning we see the above Vegas parked next to us. I happen to run into the owner and start talking "nice unit you got there" etc. etc. During our conversation he says something like "yeah thanks to JamieGeek" (I think we was expecting to tell me all about these wonderful forums LOL) to which I reply "oh yeah thats me!" LOL Of course that only expanded on the conversation... (Note that I did not mention the forums at all prior to his mentioning me.)

Please forgive me I forgot your user name so I can't give a shoutout (I really am terrible with names).
Wow, that's pretty cool!!! What are the chances???
Old 08-22-2017, 12:07 AM   #276

Model: Vegas 25.2
THOR #4687
Spotted an AXIS 24.1 from Florida, with chairs on the back at Cuba,MO during the total eclipse today. Figured it was someone on the forum, since they had "catches" on the driver's side rear storage compartment yo hold the hatch open.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:23 AM   #277
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Attachment 6435

It was giagejohn - and he posted the 'Surprise Guest' thread earlier today... lol
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28...uest-8886.html
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:27 AM   #278
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Spotted an AXIS 24.1 from Florida, with chairs on the back at Cuba,MO during the total eclipse today. Figured it was someone on the forum, since they had "catches" on the driver's side rear storage compartment yo hold the hatch open.
Ours came with those catches from the factory (unless General RV put them on...)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:31 AM   #279

Model: Vegas 25.2
THOR #4687
Quote:
Ours came with those catches from the factory (unless General RV put them on...)
Since we got a 25.2, and are "latchless", I figured it was a brilliant idea ( like the ones I get on this here forum)
Old 08-22-2017, 10:20 PM   #280

State: Texas
THOR #2121
I saw a Vegas just south of Wichita on I-35 yesterday late afternoon.

I had seen many, but always going in opposite direction. This time we were both headed south, but I was going faster so got a good look while passing.

From a distance it looked different than most motorhomes; being narrower, and with wheels/tires sticking out past body (guessing it was an E-450 with wider rear track).

What appeared most noticeable to me was that it looked taller relative to width than I had expected. I thought it would look lower and wider compared to larger MHs but it really didn't.