Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2016, 01:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34F
State: Florida
THOR #4534
Smile Thor Hurricane 34F sleeper sofa

Hi all! We have a 2016 Hurricane with the MOST uncomfortable sofa bed in living room area. It is very deep and impossible to sit on for more than a half hour at a time. I called Lexington Furniture and was told it was made to Thor specs. They had no advice for me. I really don't want to buy new furniture but we end up sitting at the dinette to watch tv. Anyone out there have advice/solution/recommendation? Other than this problem we love our coach. We just spent a week on the road, five days in Hilton Head Island and four in Orlando. The coach performed admirably in super hot conditions!

Old 07-12-2017, 12:06 AM   #2

State: Virginia
THOR #5318
sofa

did you find a solution for your sofa?
Old 07-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34F
State: Florida
THOR #4534
We found another sofa that would fit only to find out that the sofa in the coach was built around the plumbing and electrical systems. We cancelled the sofa. That was only a minor problem. We had major problems with water leaking in the coach that was never fixed. We traded the Hurricane in March, 2017, at a great loss and purchased a Fleetwood Pace Arrow. No more Thor coaches for us! Such heartache.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane34F
State: Texas
THOR #7086
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170220_135400_HDR.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	5809
I took that terrible sofa out and put theater recliners and built and end table on my Hurricane 34 F
Very comfortable !!!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:51 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 34F
State: Michigan
THOR #7673
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschob View Post
We found another sofa that would fit only to find out that the sofa in the coach was built around the plumbing and electrical systems. We cancelled the sofa. That was only a minor problem. We had major problems with water leaking in the coach that was never fixed. We traded the Hurricane in March, 2017, at a great loss and purchased a Fleetwood Pace Arrow. No more Thor coaches for us! Such heartache.
Where was the water coming from? I have a 2017 and want to keep an eye out for this.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:31 PM   #6

State: Virginia
THOR #5318
Water leak

We had noted water on the floor when we took the camper out of storage. Near the front of the slide and around the bathroom door. Today I noted that the piece of trim below the tv facing the coach was beginning to rot from the bottom. It appears water is running in beneath the slide into the coach. The trim piece is absorbing the water causing it to rot.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #7

State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
Looks wonderful. I love it.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #8

Model: 2017 Windsport 34F
State: Michigan
THOR #7673
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdd001 View Post
Attachment 5809
I took that terrible sofa out and put theater recliners and built and end table on my Hurricane 34 F
Very comfortable !!!
I'd be interested in knowing where you got the recliners. Details please. The color even matches our cabinetry perfectly. Did you replace the dream dinette?
Old 07-15-2017, 01:45 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
Thor Hurricane 34F sleeper sofa

Those look like the ones from RecPro that I put on my Axis. They were sooo comfortable and priced well (about $799 on the recpro web site)
Old 07-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #10

Model: Hurricane34F
State: Texas
THOR #7086
Yes I got them from recpro. I paid $749.00 plus free shipping direct from them. I did replace the Dream Dinette as well and we are very happy with it. I also built the cabinet to in close all of the wiring and plumbing that was underneath the couch. The real challenge was the clearance for the washing machine drain hose. But I was able to make it work.