Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2015, 01:29 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #1434
So if I have the hot water heater de-winterized all I should have to do to fill the hot water heater is turn on the hot water knob in the lavatory. If it runs water, the water heater has water?

Tom

Old 05-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomspen View Post
So if I have the hot water heater de-winterized all I should have to do to fill the hot water heater is turn on the hot water knob in the lavatory. If it runs water, the water heater has water?

Tom
Tom,

Maybe, maybe not. If the water heater is still by passed you will get water through the hot water faucet with the water heater empty.

At the water heater, open the pressure relief valve (while connected to a water source) at the top of the heater. If water comes out then you know the water heater is full. If water does not come out then check the by pass valves to ensure they are in the non-winter (non by-passed settings. The valves on the lines going into and out of the water heater should be open and the valve on the by pass line (line running between the other two) should be closed.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote