Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-15-2019, 03:34 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #14304
Axxera AVM211NAV

Anyone know where i can get an actual instruction manual, online or hard copy, for the GPS operation of this unit in my new 33x. I've gone to url address in the small leaflet on this unit, but this doesn't describe how to actually use the gps. As an alternative, is it possible to connect phone by usb to get Google maps on the screen? Starting to really dislike this Axxera unit. Thanks!

Old 02-15-2019, 03:58 AM   #2

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
try here-
Product Manuals

I didn't see the 211, but did see its previous model the 111. I wouldn't thing they would be too different. I don't think there is any way to mirror your phone apps. On my AVM72Nav this site gave be the GPS instructions in pdf format that I think was 156 pages. Actually after playing with our unit for awhile, I really like what it provides. It was pre-programmed with our length, height, and weight, and I can ad trailer or not. Can decide to use different parameters for road choices, like avoid unpaved roads, etc.
mike
Old 02-15-2019, 04:02 AM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #14405
Here is the user manual. Hope it helps.AVM211NAV_User_Manual.pdf
Old 02-15-2019, 04:14 AM   #4

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_Weasel View Post
Here is the user manual. Hope it helps.Attachment 15702
This is for radio operations only, the gps instructions are a whole nuther can of worms. see link above.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #5

THOR #14304
Thanks everyone for your replies.
However,every link takes me to the 'users manual' showing everything but GPS operation. The one sentence section about GPS operation states -

"For questions regarding navigation operation, refer to the Navigation manual
available online at www.axxeraaudio.com/support/manuals.php."

I go to that link and end up where I began back at the same pdf manual ! (something like my GPS).

My major gripe is I can't figure out how to zoom in or out of the displayed map. I touch the screen and up pops a + and - to do just that, but also it forces me to choose the point I touched as my new destination.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #6

THOR #14304
Found it!!

http://www.axxera.dualav.com/downloa...S%20manual.pdf

Thanks all.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:55 AM   #7

State: New York
THOR #14874
Did you figure out how to zoom . I can’t figure it out either. Have the same problem
Old 03-31-2019, 11:22 AM   #8

THOR #14304
Just like on your smartphone or ipad - two fingers. While you're driving. Really safe. Not.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:59 AM   #9

THOR #14874
Zoom

So you have to moving in order for this to work? I’ve spent hours in my driveway trying to figure this out and have tried pinch and zoom to no avail. Guess I’ll have to go for a ride.
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:04 PM   #10

THOR #14304
http://www.axxera.dualav.com/downloa...S%20manual.pdf

Page 10.

Careful while driving
Old 03-31-2019, 12:05 PM   #11

THOR #14304
Just now realized your comment. No, you don't have to be driving, I was being sarcastic about the design of this inferior unit.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:14 PM   #12

THOR #14874
Pinch and zoom does not work on my unit. Does the same thing as putting one finger on screen. As soon as I touch the screen with one or two fingers it changes the destination although the zoom buttons do pop up. I think I may have a faulty unit. Plan on calling Axxera customer support on Monday
Old 03-31-2019, 12:51 PM   #13

THOR #14304
I actually never use the gps because of things like this. I have it on rear view camera full-time, and I use my smartphone with Google maps mounted in my left side cupholder.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #14

State: Wisconsin
THOR #16098
Stupid gps

Has anyone figured out how to have the gps just follow you on the road without a destination added? I’ve read the manual that was linked earlier in the thread and nothing....
Old 10-23-2019, 09:32 PM   #15

THOR #15940
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1noel View Post
This is for radio operations only, the gps instructions are a whole nuther can of worms. see link above.
Here is the Navigation manual if it wasn't already posted.
Product Manuals
Old 12-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #16

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #17491
avm211nav

Don't know if this will work in this forum --just purchased a 2020 Thor ACE 27.2 the avm211nav is junk! 1st trip stopped working before we got out of our driveway, made it to Pooler,Ga CW and they reset it. Going to PT Lookout , Md froze up 3 times made it to campsite with help . Got it reset when we left the park it stopped working again said no map! stopped at a wmart and got a Garmin to get us home then the radio was impossible to use the remote only worked about 25% of the time and then real small buttons on top of the unit might as well be texting someone that BAD. SORRY FOR THE RANT my questions is there a upgrade unit that I can replace the avm211. This was our 1st trip in a new motorhome and sorry to say we had a lot of problems, hope CW is going to address them we are not happy campers
Old 12-04-2019, 03:59 PM   #17

THOR #17491
Angry nav system on avm211nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanh1 View Post
Anyone know where i can get an actual instruction manual, online or hard copy, for the GPS operation of this unit in my new 33x. I've gone to url address in the small leaflet on this unit, but this doesn't describe how to actually use the gps. As an alternative, is it possible to connect phone by usb to get Google maps on the screen? Starting to really dislike this Axxera unit. Thanks!
I just bought a Thor 27.2 with the 211nav system our 1st trip stopped working before we got out of driveway. CW off I95 in Ga. showed me how to reset. Froze 4 times to Md. and just stopped working at all on way back. I bought a Garmin to make it home there is nothing about the unit that I like. Will be taking Mhome back to CW in LakePark and see if thet are repairing or replacing unit
Old 12-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #18

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
Thor Forums - View Single Post - I want to start a new thread about nothing, and let it run...

Works perfectly and is an easy replacement with a 10" screen and android 9
Old 12-04-2019, 05:40 PM   #19

THOR #17491
avm211nav

I'm sorry I must have missed something what works perfectly
Old 12-04-2019, 06:23 PM   #20

THOR #16549
fyi, had to pay to download the new map info, then download the info onto the chip. the dealer was of no help including the sales manager. I have a 2019 hurricane 29m and the chip had 2017 chip info. still evaluating the Nav system as we have only had the rv for 4 months..