Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-29-2017, 03:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
Basement storage issues

Yesterday we spent about 7 hours on the road and drove a little over 300 miles. We arrived at our campground around 7:30PM and the owner showed us to our site and told us we could do the whole registration thing in the morning. As a result, it was only a few minutes between coming off the road and starting to hook-up, where usually it can be as much as 20 or 30 minutes.

I keep my water hose in a bin in the compartment under the drivers seat. When I opened that compartment door I was surprised at how hot it was in that compartment. It's right beside the engine so it makes perfect sense that it's going to be hot in there, but this is only the second time that we've driven more than a 2 or 3 hours at a stretch and I hadn't really given any thought to how warm those two front compartments were going to get. Gotta make a note not to put anything in them that's going to be affected by prolonged heat!

Old 04-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #2

Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
So what exactly is the storage issue? I don't get it.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:45 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
Just that it gets really warm in those two compartments - not a good place to store, say, cold drinks if you fill it with ice and then drive 20 miles like is sort of suggested in some of Thor's advertising,
Old 04-29-2017, 11:14 PM   #4

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
In my front compartments on the Vegas 24.1 I carry my shore water hose, shore power cable, cable TV cable I n two plastic containers on the pax side, and my sewer hose in a plastic container on the driver's side. I carry water, other drinks, cooler chest, chairs etc in the large compartment in the rear. The rear compartments do not get hot on mine.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:44 PM   #5

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
Just that it gets really warm in those two compartments - not a good place to store, say, cold drinks if you fill it with ice and then drive 20 miles like is sort of suggested in some of Thor's advertising,
I carry the water, electrical and sewer accessories (not sewer hose) in the compartment next to the sewer valves. Carry water and heavier stuff in mid-compartments so the weight is more on the rear tires. Don't put anything like a case of water or wood in the front compartments, only chairs, folding table and a few other long things in pass thru. Like to keep it light up there on the front end. JMO
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:16 AM   #6

State: California
THOR #10354
Thanks for the input. Maybe there are some uses for a hot bin...extra blankets. Boots to dry out, clothing to dry out etc.

Tags
axis, basement, compartment storage, heat, vegas