Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2018, 01:05 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #11825
Loss of coach power

I have an 2018 Thor Quantum, 31 ft. with 2000 miles. I was camping over the weekend, (second time out), running the generator for several hours. I looked at the volts which was at 12.8. A while later it read 11.5, which is low while the gen is running. When I shut down the gen, all of the coach power was off to include the red indicator by the door. Once I started the gen again, the red light illuminated after about 30 seconds, and the power came back. I checked the 100 amp relay under the coach, by the batteries, which was tripped. I reset the relay, but the power remained off. Once I got home I plugged into power and the red light comes on. Without plugging into the home power, the coach continues to have no power. Has anyone else had this issue with a new Thor, Quantum?

Old 07-12-2018, 01:14 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Use/store switch in "store"--put it in "Use".

When in "Store" the converter cannot charge the batteries.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:41 AM   #3

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
And on my 2018 31W if you are plugged into shore power the use/store light is on. Even when the switch is off and the converter is not running. Silly? YES but that's the way mine is. You can plug it it and all 12V power will still be coming from the batteries!
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:19 AM   #4

Model: Axis 25.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #12170
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Use/store switch in "store"--put it in "Use".

When in "Store" the converter cannot charge the batteries.
We've only had our Axis a couple of weeks. Where would one find that switch?
Old 07-12-2018, 02:58 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #4986
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark4Jesus View Post
We've only had our Axis a couple of weeks. Where would one find that switch?

Should be located to your left as you enter the coach on the wall panel in the stairwell. Same place as the switches for the awning, outside nite light, awning lights, front inside lites. That’s where it is on my ‘17 Vegas.
Jerry B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:12 AM   #6

Model: Axis 25.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #12170
Okay, the name was throwing me off. I've been calling that switch the disconnect switch, thought the thread was talking about a different switch. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #7

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Corvette View Post
I have an 2018 Thor Quantum, 31 ft. with 2000 miles. I was camping over the weekend, (second time out), running the generator for several hours. I looked at the volts which was at 12.8. A while later it read 11.5, which is low while the gen is running. When I shut down the gen, all of the coach power was off to include the red indicator by the door. Once I started the gen again, the red light illuminated after about 30 seconds, and the power came back. I checked the 100 amp relay under the coach, by the batteries, which was tripped. I reset the relay, but the power remained off. Once I got home I plugged into power and the red light comes on. Without plugging into the home power, the coach continues to have no power. Has anyone else had this issue with a new Thor, Quantum?
We had a power loss in our Quantum ws31. It was a small silver relay under the bed. You need to unscrew the panel under the mattress behind the fuse box. There should be a little black button on the relay. Push it in. Hopefully it resets and cures the problem.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #8

State: Utah
THOR #11825
Loss of power

Under the coach, within 18 inches of the batteries is a 100 amp breaker, which I found and reset.

I took the coach back to the dealership. 10 minutes later I had it back and everything was working.

UNDER the bed, behind the electrical panel there is a SMALL relay with a SMALL BLACK button on the top. The technician pushed the button which reset the breaker. Everything works as designed.

2 relays both in asinine locations.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #9

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Corvette View Post
Under the coach, within 18 inches of the batteries is a 100 amp breaker, which I found and reset.

I took the coach back to the dealership. 10 minutes later I had it back and everything was working.

UNDER the bed, behind the electrical panel there is a SMALL relay with a SMALL BLACK button on the top. The technician pushed the button which reset the breaker. Everything works as designed.

2 relays both in asinine locations.
I agree! I've had to deal with both of mine... :/
I plan on relocating the one stuffed in the battery box.