Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
Leveling

I'm sure this rudimentary stuff for you seasoned RV'ers. Where is the best place to position a level and is it beneficial to get the ones that mount permanently?

Old 08-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #2

Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
If you have a motorhome I place mine in the center of the floor behind the cockpit, then to the center of the MH, finally as far back as I can get. I don't like the permanent level as I still would want my handheld. Just my way,might be more ideas to come. Happy trails! Jerry
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:24 AM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
THOR #4656
I have the side to side level affixed to the dash and the fore and aft level to the drivers door. When I pull into a site I can tell very quickly if I'm level with a glance to the levels. I don't have levelers, but use a graduated board of laminated 2 x 8's. Each half bubble out is one step on the board. Makes leveling easy.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:44 AM   #4
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
My leveling system tells me when it thinks its level... but still a bubble level on the floor behind cockpit to confirm... and adjust till it is happy.
Even tried s smart phone level app... was pretty accurate too - just lay the phone down flat.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:20 AM   #5

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Before you mount a permanent level. you must make sure the RV is perfectly level or you will be chasing true level. WHAT!!!!
Old 08-17-2017, 02:22 AM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I measure the level in the bottom of the freezer on the refrigerator, the fridge is the most important thing to have level, especially if it is an ammonia fridge. I initially measured the fridge level side to side and front to back with the slide in after doing auto level, I took a second measurement after extending the slide, the fridge was tilted about 1/4 bubble out of level front to back. I releveled the coach to get the fridge perfectly level with the slide extended and then reset the auto level zero point. Now when I use auto level I know the fridge will be level with the slide extended.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:31 PM   #7

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Not sure of you particular leveling system. I have the Lippert LCI auto leveling system. But even with that, it needs to be set up properly so that the coach is level. The website has the documentation to assist. If system is manual, I would recommend using a 4' level near as possible to center of coach if not wanting to install permanent levels outside.