Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2019, 01:40 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
Helpful hint I discovered. You can pull the extension lever on the tow bar arms to relieve tension on the pins, rather than trying to move the car. Guess how I know...
Hahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaha!!! Thank you sir. I will try that

Old 07-16-2019, 02:00 AM   #22

Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
State: Tennessee
THOR #8400
Checked into a RV Park over the 4th of July.

Got our lot assignment and went to the row that we were to camp in.

My wife said, "There's our site, it's the only open site in this row". WRONG!

Set up to camp and was sitting outside the camper burning up when up walks my wife and says, "This is not our site, the lady from the front office just called and said we would need to move down to the site hidden by the large tree in the row of sites.

Started packing back up to move 4 sites down the row when I noticed this other RV sitting in the road.

Went down and sure enough it was the person who was supposed to be in that site.

I apologized for my mistake and told him I would move as soon as possible.

After that I saw this guy three times and every time I saw him he apologized to me for my bonehead mistake.

To me and my wife's credit the only marking for the site number was on the back side of the post that the water line was attached to.

You can be assured that the next time I go camping I will check the site number twice before setting up shop.

Why do you do things like this when it's 95 in the shade with 100% humidity?
Old 07-16-2019, 04:17 AM   #23

Model: vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #12326
I found that I should wait for the awning to come completely in before starting the engine. Noticed that one while driving out of a parking lot with people pointing. luckily didn't hit anything with it 3/4 extended. I cleaned up camp, hit the awning button and saw it start, shut the door and engine on.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:49 AM   #24

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Put cap on left black water valve open did that once, not very pretty at the next dump station. Or how bout slides in check, jacks up check, antenna down check, awning in check and back out with power plugged in check.....
Old 07-16-2019, 05:40 AM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Disclaimer: I don't have a RV and this bonehead story is part of why not. I wish to protect the identity of dealer; so please don't try to guess as you will likely be wrong and may do some legit dealer a disservice.

Thor gave us the name of a location / sales rep to work with for a specific brand new 2019 RV that we were interested in. A Thor Rep found this RV for us, but a long ways from home. So we contact the salesman and tell him which one we interested in, gave him the stock number from there website. We scheduled a long trip just to go see this RV. The dealer promises to have it cleaned up, air conditioned & ready for viewing as they were really wanting to sell that unit. When we get there; they had a very clean beautiful RV, but it was NOT the one we came to see. Salesman said he pulled the stock number I gave but their website and the paperwork all clearly suggest otherwise, he had simply pulled the wrong RV stock number. Salesman was actually trying to blame me!!! Given how far we traveled we wanted to see the RV we came to see. Iit was in very back, all batteries dead, service guys gone. Sales guy did not have the key. The chrome had started to rust on the compartment doors. It was massive disappointment. Then he asked us if we could give him time to come back next week!!!! My wife and I are still beat down by this, we didn't call Thor and tell them what happened, but thinking we may have to step back on our RV pursuit for awhile.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:01 PM   #26
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Wow yeah that would put a damper on things.

As far as this thread i could fill pages LOL.

Here is a good one: back in the 5er days I was backing the truck into the campsite and got my foot on both gas and break pedal..needless to say the truck didn't stop when I wanted and backed right into the 5er. No damage to the camper but our tailgate was toast.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:47 PM   #27

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
I had the grandchildren with us for a week at the FLorida Parks, and no hook up for Black Tanks. I just saw the schematics for the black water tank and see the sink in the bathroom also drains to this.. So with all the teeth cleaning and hand washing and bath room breaks, The black water tank overflowed all over the RV, we used every towel we could find but i do believe the RV is going to the trash heep. We cannot get the odor out of the floors, underneath compartments. Do you know why THOR has the sink flush into the black tank....
Old 06-26-2021, 09:48 PM   #28

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
I had the grandchildren with us for a week at the FLorida Parks, and no hook up for Black Tanks. I just saw the schematics for the black water tank and see the sink in the bathroom also drains to this.. So with all the teeth cleaning and hand washing and bath room breaks, The black water tank overflowed all over the RV, we used every towel we could find but i do believe the RV is going to the trash heep. We cannot get the odor out of the floors, underneath compartments. Do you know why THOR has the sink flush into the black tank....
Bleach dont work either. ....
Old 06-26-2021, 10:12 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Yeah... not monitoring the tank levels never works out well for the camper...
Old 06-26-2021, 10:24 PM   #30

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Fortunately only one with this coach, so far. Hot in South Texas in the summer in a new coach and we were in a hurry to move north. Unhooked everything, but the power cord and went back inside. I started the engine and turned off the roof A/C and went back out to put the shore line in the rear compartment and did a final check and noted the patio awning was still out. I hit the in switch as i closed the door and and drove off. Fortunately there was a stop sign at the park entrance. I went to pull out onto the highway and the coach did move very fast. I stopped and check the toad and the side mirrors. In the right mirror, I noticed the stop sign was now at a 45 degree angle and the patio awning was draped over it. Yes there is an ignition interlock on the CofC Latitude patio awning.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:44 PM   #31

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
To answer your question "why", the sink helps provide water to the black tank to ensure solids do not collect in a poop pyramid.
Lesson #1, keep an eye on the tank level indicator.
Lesson #2, never trust the tank level indication.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:52 PM   #32
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
"Lesson #1, keep an eye on the tank level indicator.
Lesson #2, never trust the tank level indication."
It sounds funny... but it's the absolute truth!
Old 06-26-2021, 11:22 PM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
One other thing to consider: were the Grandkids taught how to minimize water usage?
Washing hands in the kitchen sink, and shutting the water off while brushing all those teeth?
Old 06-27-2021, 12:37 AM   #34

THOR #13058
Quote:
We had that happened in the EXACT Reverse

I studied RV's on this site before buying my RV ( I had planned to buy a ACE or Windsport) One of the things I learned was that some Thors plumb bathroom sinks to black tank and I understood why.

However; we would come to buy a 29VE Winnebago. As fate would have it; on a trip in West Texas I saw where the Gray tank was full. With no where to dump and me being Thor Forum Smart I told the family no problem, I blocked off the Kitchen sink and shower; and told everyone to use Bathroom sink only for water As my black tank was only 1/3 full; I figured we would make it back to Dallas; so I could dump the Gray at home. Well somewhere near Abilene I stopped to get gas and noticed water drippings from a lower compartment bay. After some research, it was clear the Gray tank was overflowing But how?

I get my Winnebago drawing and see the bathroom sink is plumbed to the Gray. I had incorrectly instructed everyone to use bathroom sink; so I made it worse. FWIW, We have outside Kitchen sink that is plumbed to Black.

This story ends well, because I asked Winnebago what was suppose to happen if the Gray tank overflowed? They said it would back up to the shower. I asked why not in my case? They had me bring it in to a Dealer who said that a fitting on top of the gray tank was not sealed. With it being full and the sloshing around it went over side of tank and into one bay. They fixed the seal under warranty, and the bay area was steamed clean (no smells). In retrospect, and unlike your disaster, I was actually glad it happened when it did.

After 20 months of use, I love the bathroom sink going to the gray. I don't need extra sink water to the black tank. I have a case of spent recycled Heineken liquids that I personally administer to the Black tank on every trip
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 06-27-2021, 01:05 AM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Those barley-pops help get lots of water into the back tank: don't they?
Old 06-27-2021, 01:52 AM   #36

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Those barley-pops help get lots of water into the black tank: don't they?
Yessir, it is the natural heathier way to put extra liquidous fluids in a black tank versus those caustic chemicals from hand soaps and other chemicals detergents. These are the type of daily sacrifices that any good RV Owner should we willing to make and administer while standing
Old 06-27-2021, 01:54 AM   #37
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I'll drink to that!
Old 06-27-2021, 12:01 PM   #38

State: Alabama
THOR #22687