Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Most "Cable Ready" TVs have the QAM tuner built-in. Used to be a big selling point for TVs in the past. Not so much anymore as the cable providers move to encrypted channels.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:28 AM   #22

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Florida
THOR #7232
cable converters

I became so frustrated with trying to get cable to work I bought a satellite dish/receiver. I got everything set up and activated before attempting to set it up in my new ACE 29.1. I attached the cable from the satellite dish to the outside hook up. Then I attached the inside cable to the DISH receiver. The inside cable connection doesn't work! I even tried hooking it up through the cable/antenna switch connection... Still no connection! I finally had to run the cable through the window and hook it directly to the receiver to get it to work. I think the cabling is screwed up! Anyone had the same or similar experience?
Old 05-01-2017, 02:00 AM   #23

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
First, make sure the coach's antenna (King Jack) power supply is OFF. There is a push button and a green light on the coax entrance panel. The green light indicates the power is on. On my coach with DirectV it was necessary to make a "home run" from the LNB to the genie, but I understand that is not necessary with Dish.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:44 AM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Just use the antenna! There's surely something more entertaining in Ft Wilderness than watching tv.
WOW.... I am with you, look at where you are at!!! There has got to be so much to see and do around in that area than watching TV. Even late at night after see a few of the attractions you are way to tired for some TV and if so use you sat. or even local antenna. Summer time my TV might only come on once a month and that's only do to bad weather and rain. My campfire is my TV.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:16 AM   #25

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
Can you purchase a QAM tuner that would correct this problem with the Seiki TV's. It could be added when an issue arose at certain campgrounds. Would this solve the problem with receiving channels?