Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2017, 06:48 PM   #1

State: California
THOR #8323
Cable Tv

Still figuring out things on my 2017 Thor Miramar 34.1. Having a lot of trouble trying to get the Rv parks cable tv. I connected one end to the parks cable outlet and the other end to a cable outlet outside in the compartment that houses the shore power cord. I was able to get the bedroom television connected after several tries but I cannot get the living room tv conn Fred to cable not matter what I do. The power booster is off, I have made sure the input source is TV, switched to cable on settings, and have performed multiple channel searches. Still can’t get cable TV.
Any ideas

Old 12-08-2017, 07:28 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
You have a Siki TV. Junk, no QAM tuner. Replace TV with one that has a QAM tuner. Problem solved.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:23 AM   #3

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Some people seem to have no problem using cable with the Seiki tv's, others can't get it at all. Apparently, it seems a matter of when the tv was manufactured. Mine is going into the dealer right after New Years to get the coax checked out from the exterior cable tv port. I can't get a signal to the satellite reciever using the cable port even when bypassing the amplifier on the wallplate in the cabinet above the microwave.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:03 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
From what you have stated it looks like you have gotten OTA TV ok on all of your TVs. I would first check the coax connections on the back of the exterior hookup, make sure its tight. Then I would take off the wall plate that has the power booster on. Make sure that connection is tight. While your at it you might want to replace the splitter with a high quality one. Some thimes I have had to scan the TV in the ant. mode even for cable may want to check it out. I also have taken the coax cable from the camp pole directly to the TV this helped me narrow down the connection problem.

I have a 2017 ACE with the Siki TV and have no problem with cable.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #5

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Do a search on the Seiki POS TVs. After staying at several RV parks where the cable didn't work (but more that did), I replaced just one TV with a similar Insigna from BBuy before our last big trip. Of course, at every park with cable that we stayed at, the cable worked fine on the Seiki.

TVs are always on sale, and may be cheapest ahead of Super Bowl in February. The Seiki works just fine on my home cable.

Almost every connection in the cable line was loose. On our Vegas, I had to pull the microwave out to get to the connections to the booster. When our over the air signal failed, it traced to the connection on the roof to the antenna. It had rusted completely off!
Old 12-10-2017, 12:21 AM   #6

THOR #6872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Mike View Post
Still figuring out things on my 2017 Thor Miramar 34.1. Having a lot of trouble trying to get the Rv parks cable tv. I connected one end to the parks cable outlet and the other end to a cable outlet outside in the compartment that houses the shore power cord. I was able to get the bedroom television connected after several tries but I cannot get the living room tv conn Fred to cable not matter what I do. The power booster is off, I have made sure the input source is TV, switched to cable on settings, and have performed multiple channel searches. Still can’t get cable TV.
Any ideas
Did you change the input on the TV? I had this problem until I figured it out. My bedroom TV changed automatically I guess, had no problem with it.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 37 LX
THOR #7853
2 of our TV's in our 2017 Challenger found cable channels with no problem, one in the bedroom wouldn't. I took the TV off the bracket and discovered that the TV was manufactured in Aug 2015. Thor replaced it with a new Axxera. Should know later today if it works since we are heading to Fort Wilderness after morning coffee . 😉

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:09 AM   #8

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Don't rule out the splitter and coax connections. We had a problem with the splitter on our 2016 Thor Synergy but also had to retightened all the loose coax connections. I traced and tracked until I finally located the bad splitter (under the passenger bed) but that was a true learning experience. The splitter was replaced but the Seiki TV's are still cheap junk but now I know how all the coax and HDMI cables are routed.

Ed L
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:17 AM   #9

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Make sure your antenna power booster is off. If the booster is on your TVs won’t work on cable no matter what brand they are.