Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2018, 05:07 PM   #41
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
When we camped over Memorial Day Weekend: there was a young boy (3 or 4) in the site behind ours. His folks brought along a battery-powered little Jeep for him to drive around...
I never wished for batteries to die so much before!
The poor kid also had trouble missing any garbage can that he could see!

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
They should allow "Stupid Darts". When you see a kid doing something like that...you can shoot his little car or bike or skateboard with a "Stupid Dart". The darts would have Super Glue on the suction cup. After 10 stupid darts collect on any one kid's stuff, the campground should kick the family out of the campground and shoot the back of the camper with a "Stupid Family" dart. Next time they show up at another campground, the owners can inspect the back of the camper before allowing them in. Once any one family gets 10 or more stupid family darts, the law should confiscate their camper.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:31 PM   #43
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1533670270
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I'm With Stupid.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	12121  
Old 08-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #44

Model: Vegas 25.1
State: California
THOR #7113
Etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCook View Post
Just had to post this question to all me fellow Thor owners. We are camping at a older campground in Ohio. Its very tight, we are very close together. We have a steady stream of campers that walk through our site some are even riding the campground rental bikes (4 wheel models) through our site. Some walked under our awnings. We have moved the picnic table, cars and even put out chairs to discourage this. Most people walk around them or move our chairs out of the way. We have ask them not to do it, even talked with staff. I have though about putting up a rope between our camper and our neighbor camper (my cousin).
Any thoughts?

KC
telling the staff should do the trick, but if not, then insist they do something or a refund and leave. That is very bad camp grounds etiquette and people should never do step foot onto your section of campground, especially never touch your furniture, etc.... When the staff don't enforce the rules, whether written or assumed, then they don't care and that's not a camp ground to stay at.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #45
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Grump is just pullin' our legs...

...Although there have been rumors of him attempting to lock campers inside their RVs by running a nylon strap through the door handle, and securing it to the frame under the vehicle!
Old 08-11-2018, 11:10 PM   #46

State: California
THOR #10044
Happened to us last week.....uh except we were the trespassers! People get very territorial. We had been cutting thru two rows to visit with our son and his family.
The park people put us on opposite sides of the park even though we requested we be as close together as possible. Anyway, we were mindful and cut thru only early in the morning before people were out. Finally, about the second day, we decided to walk clear around rather than be a nuisance. One evening the G-kids crossed through a walkway bordering the last occupied site on their way to the showers. The people got very upset! It was in no way obvious that path was part of their site. Ugggg
Old 08-12-2018, 01:54 AM   #47

Model: Freedom Elite
THOR #1616
We camped at Killen Pond. DE a couple weeks ago. I opened the door to go outside and almost hit a big dog some guy was walking through our site. I still can't believe he was that close.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:03 AM   #48

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I’ve been thinking about getting a big roll of police “Crime Scene” barrier tape and surrounding my campsite, or maybe “Hazardous Area” tape. Might sit at the picnic table and make a big deal of cleaning my shotgun!!!
Old 08-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #49

THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I’ve been thinking about getting a big roll of police “Crime Scene” barrier tape and surrounding my campsite, or maybe “Hazardous Area” tape. Might sit at the picnic table and make a big deal of cleaning my shotgun!!!
I like you style SuperD............proactive. Also the tape could open up an opportunity to have some fun with the local news reporter.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:59 PM   #50

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Hillbillys will be Hillbillys.

I guess you could spread broken glass around but then you might step in it by accident. You could stay out there all day & night with a baseball bat mumbling "I'm gonna bash a head I'm gonna bash a head" people would think you're nuts and avoid you until the cops showed up to take your bat away and hassle you. You could install perimeter security infrared sensors to trip a recording of a loud barking snarling snapping dog. You could take turns sitting outside with a bucket of rocks to throw at trespassers. You could walk around your site naked to keep people away, but then the cops would show up for sure. You could post a few signs on your site warning of dangerous bees or a hornets nest, but then Hillbillys can't read.

Best course of action really is to simply leave if it is that intrusive and frequent. You can't train Hillbillys to reign in their kids, mind their own business or stop sleeping with their sisters so you shouldn't even try.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thomas-kuebler-life-size-sculpture-freak-show-banjo-brothers-two-headed-man-hillbilly-696x1170.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	12188  
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:50 AM   #51
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
I guess you could spread broken glass around but then you might step in it by accident. You could stay out there all day & night with a baseball bat mumbling "I'm gonna bash a head I'm gonna bash a head" people would think you're nuts and avoid you until the cops showed up to take your bat away and hassle you. You could install perimeter security infrared sensors to trip a recording of a loud barking snarling snapping dog. You could take turns sitting outside with a bucket of rocks to throw at trespassers. You could walk around your site naked to keep people away, but then the cops would show up for sure. You could post a few signs on your site warning of dangerous bees or a hornets nest, but then Hillbillys can't read.

Best course of action really is to simply leave if it is that intrusive and frequent. You can't train Hillbillys to reign in their kids, mind their own business or stop sleeping with their sisters so you shouldn't even try.
You forgot the best one: Rig up a laser tracking system using a Raspberry Pi connected to a water hose that sprays anyone that walks through your site (you could add a bluetooth module sync'ed to all your phones so that it wouldn't spray any member of your family).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:59 AM   #52

Model: Quantum RS26
THOR #10823
Maybe an idea from the old movie "Support your Local Sheriff"

Put down some white tape in a body shape and dump some water soluble red paint in the shape with a sign "Last person to walk through!"

Plus you can sit there cleaning like SuperD for extra effect!
Old 08-13-2018, 01:03 AM   #53

THOR #11130
Mouse traps with empty shotgun shells attached to trip lines works great!!
Old 08-13-2018, 01:14 AM   #54

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
How about this? Pick up a banjo and learn to play the "Deliverance" theme!
Old 08-13-2018, 04:29 AM   #55

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
How about this? Pick up a banjo and learn to play the "Deliverance" theme!
Umm. That just might draw them in more.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #56
Administrator

Brand: Airstream
Model: Overlander
State: Washington
THOR #2
Moderator hat on: several posts have been removed here as the topic has wandered into an insult fest. Calling out others, insulting them directly and generally being unpleasant is uncool and expressly forbidden in our user agreement. Do better.

Before you post do a little review before hitting the submit button please.

Here's the check list:
  • Is my post relevant to the topic of the thread
  • Am I insulting another member
  • Am I calling someone names
  • Is my post within the bounds and intent for the community rules - specifically the "be nice", "be helpful" bit http://www.thorforums.com/forums/mis...ork&page=rules
Old 08-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #57
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Thanks for the gentle reminder.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #58

THOR #11130
When old men's minds go idle...trains take dirt roads.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:57 PM   #59
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
When old men's minds go idle...trains take dirt roads.
That is deep...

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1534183097
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	12211  
Old 08-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #60

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Moderator hat on: several posts have been removed here as the topic has wandered into an insult fest. Calling out others, insulting them directly and generally being unpleasant is uncool and expressly forbidden in our user agreement. Do better.

Before you post do a little review before hitting the submit button please.

Here's the check list:
  • Is my post relevant to the topic of the thread
  • Am I insulting another member
  • Am I calling someone names
  • Is my post within the bounds and intent for the community rules - specifically the "be nice", "be helpful" bit http://www.thorforums.com/forums/mis...ork&page=rules
Thank you for your pleasant reminder to everyone, including myself!