Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #61
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Online petition signed, and emails sent to the Town Officials...

Old 05-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
interesting FOX BUSINESS interview video below with Marcus Lemonis, who, by the way, was the very 'subject' CEO that lauded the attitude of the 'Trump' republicans, and who also seemed to 'tell those folks' that he didn't want their business... and now, because someone is requiring him to 'adhere' to a local ordinance, is trying to 'Trump' their local laws, because, as he says in the interview, there shouldn't be 'national' laws to do certain things.... REALLY!!!! I think he might also want to compare that to his other 'beliefs' that certain things should be 'shoved' on the rest of us, whether WE like it, or not.

I'm torn. He's a man who certainly has his convictions, and you might want him on your team when it comes to things 'business', but I'm not sure that I trust that his 'personal' beliefs coincide with that same attitude.
Probably many folks in this 'town' he is projecting as 'good customers and employees' are also 'Trump' supporters!

I'm still torn.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...marcus-lemonis
Old 05-24-2019, 03:21 PM   #63
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Why are folks still trying to inject Politics into this discussion...
Old 05-24-2019, 06:46 PM   #64

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I used to share the same opinion...but it's a global market now. The days where those cars came over on ships is way behind us. They are built here now with American workers. GM builds more cars in China now than they do in the U.S. We are looking at a new retirement car for the wife...Cadillac or Volvo. Just found out yesterday, Ford Motor Company sold Volvo (who knew Ford owned them to begin with) to a car manufacturer in China (Geely) nine years ago. Chrysler products are now owned by Fiat (FCA). The best tractors in the world come from Japan...BUT...most are now built (assembled) for this market in the U.S. The Taliban drive Chevy pickups. Weird World we live in but it's now a global market for everything. Six major "import" auto manufacturers have huge assembly plants within 250 miles of my home in Atlanta. Again, they employ 10's of thousands of local workers. Trump's MAGA hats are Made in China (that's OK, he's earned the right to make a mistake) Things have changed.
I hear you on the cars, my RV has a Mercedes chassis and I also own a Mercedes E350, BUT all my other cars/trucks are and always have been Ford, Chevy, Dodge. I refuse to buy Toyotas, Hondas, Kias, Subarus and the other Asian origin automobiles. I know many are made here in US plants but those plants and the profits they produce belong to foreign countries I refuse to support. Old wounds heal slowly, perhaps in the next life I will forgive them, but I doubt it. :-) Most of the people in this blog have served or are serving their country in one branch or another of the armed services. They, we, me love the flag and the bigger the better.

Hats? Yes I love my hats thanks. Which one I wear depends on what I'm doing and where I'm going. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hats.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	17629  
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:08 PM   #65

THOR #6280
Rip

ps...I have to remove "Baxter" from my signature lines, he passed away last week. He is still on the front plate of our RV along with our other 3 darlings. I just can't bear to remove him from there or here just yet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Baxter at the Carnival.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	17632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Plate.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	17634  

Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #66

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
interesting FOX BUSINESS interview video below with Marcus Lemonis, who, by the way, was the very 'subject' CEO that lauded the attitude of the 'Trump' republicans, and who also seemed to 'tell those folks' that he didn't want their business... and now, because someone is requiring him to 'adhere' to a local ordinance, is trying to 'Trump' their local laws, because, as he says in the interview, there shouldn't be 'national' laws to do certain things.... REALLY!!!! I think he might also want to compare that to his other 'beliefs' that certain things should be 'shoved' on the rest of us, whether WE like it, or not.

I'm torn. He's a man who certainly has his convictions, and you might want him on your team when it comes to things 'business', but I'm not sure that I trust that his 'personal' beliefs coincide with that same attitude.
Probably many folks in this 'town' he is projecting as 'good customers and employees' are also 'Trump' supporters!

I'm still torn.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...marcus-lemonis
Ummm what exactly does "Trump" the POTUS have to do with this flag size question? All I know is the President's RV is bigger and nicer than yours and he makes no payments. Try not to hate. :-)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	POTUS RV.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	17636  
Old 05-24-2019, 08:34 PM   #67
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
kudos to all of our forum members !
Name:  flag.png
Views: 303
Size:  11.4 KB
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-24-2019, 08:55 PM   #68

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
kudos to all of our forum members !
Attachment 17646
Good to see a post from you, vkb!
Old 05-25-2019, 12:12 AM   #69
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Good to see a post from you, vkb!
thank you Mike...I have been posting on a couple other threads...just missed you !
We took a 3 week trip early this month...home now...waiting to pickup an addition to our camping experience...a 2000 Jeep tj Sport...we decided that motorcycling at destinations was not the way we wanted to go at this point in our lives. Should have done it 5 yrs ago !!!

What have you been doing ?

Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-25-2019, 03:27 AM   #70

Brand: Jayco
Model: Alante
State: West Virginia
THOR #5597
I just e-mailed, and even though I don't get to travel that way much, I informed them that I wouldn't be spending any money in their city when I did pass thru.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #71

State: Michigan
THOR #13849
I fly the flag at my house, have huge flag decals on the side of my race trailer, and on the back bumper of my thor super c. I also fly the flag on a 22 foot pole attached to the ladder of my motorhome and 2 flags are flown off the back of the race trailer when we race--to me i don't see enough of the american flag flown, thats just my opinion...................
Old 05-25-2019, 05:35 PM   #72

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by super stock racer View Post
I fly the flag at my house, have huge flag decals on the side of my race trailer, and on the back bumper of my thor super c. I also fly the flag on a 22 foot pole attached to the ladder of my motorhome and 2 flags are flown off the back of the race trailer when we race--to me i don't see enough of the american flag flown, thats just my opinion...................
"I don't see enough of the American flag flown" I couldn't agree more!
I'm no fan of CW but I do love their flag.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	17663  
Old 05-25-2019, 06:43 PM   #73

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #14024
I think the flag is beautiful and never tacky, unless tacky means that it stands for the ideals, privileges and accountabilities that have stuck to me all my life.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:44 AM   #74

Model: Vegas 25.2
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
thank you Mike...I have been posting on a couple other threads...just missed you !
We took a 3 week trip early this month...home now...waiting to pickup an addition to our camping experience...a 2000 Jeep tj Sport...we decided that motorcycling at destinations was not the way we wanted to go at this point in our lives. Should have done it 5 yrs ago !!!

What have you been doing ?

Kay

Been adding to the VEGAS to get ready for some boondocking in the mountains this summer.. Just added two more batteries and put in a small inverter so wouldn't have to run the genny for small things.

We got a JEEP wrangler last year for a toad.. What are you planning to use for baseplate and tow bar?
Old 05-27-2019, 11:25 PM   #75

Model: Chateau 35SF
THOR #2020
Camping World / Gander You Tube video Memorial Day.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yzPG77...&scpc=FR066001
Old 05-28-2019, 04:02 AM   #76
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Been adding to the VEGAS to get ready for some boondocking in the mountains this summer.. Just added two more batteries and put in a small inverter so wouldn't have to run the genny for small things.

We got a JEEP wrangler last year for a toad.. What are you planning to use for baseplate and tow bar?
Hi Mike...we pickup the Jeep in Albuq. after the first of June...we must make a decision as to what we will use for the baseplate as the current bumper has no hooks for towing. A friend has a Blue Ox Tow bar he said we could have. We saw it today...it is a place to begin.

Name:	43647257041.513656133.IM1.02.750x1000_A.1000x819.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	17696 this is our current bumper...we are so new to this .. we are learning as we go. We have been told about a couple RV guys in our area who do good work when it comes to setting up the tow bar/brakes etc. We will know more when we get home with the Jeep.

What are you using for towing equipment? We are open to all suggestions and recommendations !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-28-2019, 05:39 AM   #77

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
https://racingnews.co/2017/08/21/mar...tin-nascar-rv/ Camping World.... really???? Don't tell me that they are believers in our American flag.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:04 AM   #78
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Okay guys keep the politics out of it.
The wonder Schnauzers
Old 05-31-2019, 06:35 PM   #79
Administrator

Brand: Airstream
Model: Overlander
State: Washington
THOR #2
Two sides (at least) to this story. CW applied for a permit for an exemption to the existing size regs and received it but then didn't like the parameters so they put up a larger flag anyway in violation of the order. Seems a bit entitled to me - I obey the law and expect others to as well. It also reeks of a publicity stunt on the backs of vets who served to support our laws.

https://wsbt.com/news/nation-world/c...ue-to-its-size
Old 05-31-2019, 06:43 PM   #80
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
ps...I have to remove "Baxter" from my signature lines, he passed away last week. He is still on the front plate of our RV along with our other 3 darlings. I just can't bear to remove him from there or here just yet.
I'm sorry for your loss...

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

I hope that you can find comfort in these words...
Closed Thread