Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-24-2017, 12:03 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I haven't heard anyone say their service experience @ Camping World was good. Good place for supplies and accessories, but don't think I would use them for service.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:34 AM   #42

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
We've had good service at both the Ashville and Marion NC CW's.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:35 AM   #43

THOR #6491
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
We've had good service at both the Ashville and Marion NC CW's.

We had good service at CW Bartow,Fl
Old 04-24-2017, 01:18 AM   #44

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
For the first 20 months of ownership we had great service at the CW of Statesville NC.

However, this year I followed their Parts Manager when she started working at Campers Inn in Mocksville NC. I have had two extended warranty problems correct at one time and in a very timely manner. I am working on a third warranty problem right now.

I believe I saw a map that showed 16 or so Campers Inn Dealerships here on in the East.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #45

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Bad service at Camping World

Very good experience at Camping World of Spartanburg
Old 04-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #46
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie1 View Post
We had good service at CW Bartow,Fl
Is that a new CW in Bartow? We have family in Lakeland and visit often...know of the CW on I4 outside Tampa...but not aware of CW in Bartow.
Ha ! just looked it up on CW map...for sure...there it is !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:58 PM   #47

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie1 View Post
Where do I find the list of approved service centers for Thor. Handy to have when traveling Thanks
If you are interested in service centers that will do Thor warranty work then I would contact Thor directly. When seeking out Thor dealers for warranty work while traveling you still may not get very good service. Some dealers aren't very good about doing timely warranty work if you didn't buy your coach from them.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:05 PM   #48

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Paid a visit to the Ft. Myers CW yesterday. Wanted to follow up on them replacing my bathroom full length mirror that they broke almost 4 weeks ago while installing $4,000 worth of add-ons.

Service counter spent about 10 minutes on computer and then said "who told you we broke it". At this point I decided the run-around had started so I simply told them I either wanted to speak whoever was in charge, or if that individual was not immediately available then I would be happy to take the phone number and name of a district or corporate manager. Within a few more minutes the shop manager appeared.

He apologized for "dropping the ball" and said he forgot to order my replacement mirror from Thor. Said he would get it done immediately. Told him that was wonderful but we were leaving Saturday for 4 months. He called me later in the day and said they would have it in 3 weeks.

My bet is when we return home in September they still won't have the mirror.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:29 PM   #49

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
This "dropping the ball" response seems to be quite frequent at CWs. Sorry it happened to you but hope they will come through and do the right thing when you return it to them.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:23 AM   #50

Model: PALAZZO 33.3
State: Illinois
THOR #5696
stay away from CW in Chicago (Island Lake) Had my 2016 Palazzo that I bought from them, in there for warranty work 9 weeks later and they fixed about half of the stuff on my list. Jack in service is a lyer and never believe what he tells you. I am still waiting for a LED light that was out WHEN I PICKED IT UP NEW IN AUGUST
Retired Firefighter/Paramedic, Truck Driver
C WITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:37 AM   #51

THOR #6491
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Is that a new CW in Bartow? We have family in Lakeland and visit often...know of the CW on I4 outside Tampa...but not aware of CW in Bartow.
Ha ! just looked it up on CW map...for sure...there it is !

We use CW Bartow. We have very good service. They stay busy.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #52

THOR #2830
Beware GRW

May we add Giant Recreation World to the list of steer clears? As with car and motorcycle repair, the dealerships are the worst. After warranty, find a trusted privately owned service. Recently I needed a part. The local Camping World would honor their online sale price as long as they added the same shipping rate to the price. I have to pay the shipping to go to their store to purchase it? It is still on their shelf. GRW wanted double the price of online plus shipping because they have to pay for their "brick and mortar". That one is still housed within their "brick and mortar". Can't even purchase a part locally. Live and learn, check the blogs for others' experience and advice.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:17 AM   #53

Model: Palazzo
THOR #7569
I worked for Camping World in North Little Rock, AR. I won't use any of them if given a choice.

We owned a different brand and the factory sent us to the Bartow, FL, CW for warranty repairs. Three weeks later, we left with the issue unresolved. The only thing they fixed was the tank that didn't have a problem until after we left it with them.

I don't think any of them are franchises. I know all the CWs in AR, TN, AL, GA and MS are under the same Regional Manager.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:43 PM   #54

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: Virginia
THOR #4468
Highly recommend Total Value RV in Elkhart, IN. We avoided about 12K by ordering from them and driving from VA to IN for delivery. No added fees, etc. and the service dept. quickly addressed minor PDI issues. Lots to see and do in the Elkhart area too so we also made a mini vacation out of the trip.

2018 Hurricane 31S (sold)
mpinva is offline   Reply With Quote