Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2018, 12:08 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1531138077
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monk.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	11302  

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
I use Clorox Clean Up which comes in a handy spray bottle. Works good for spraying the ground around dump pipe where it sometimes gets messy.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:53 PM   #23

Model: Miramar 34.1
State: Georgia
THOR #8645
If someone parties past the quiet time be sure and wake them up before you leave.....knock on their door, etc. Also, you can always ask someone to move their vehicles out of the way the night before or even when you are getting ready to leave. Don't be bashful. Maybe they will learn. I remember on one occasion in my first home, I walked to my neighbor's house at 3:30 AM and advised him to deal with his barking dog. I do not put up with that nonsense.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #24

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
I just run the water into my hand and back rinse the spigot with fresh water before attaching the hose. I also let the water run for 20 or 30 second before actually hooking up the hose to flush the water from the standpipe as it may have been awhile since it was last used. I've seen some pretty nasty looking water get flushed out before.

As for trucks blocking the roadway you have to consider that rigs nowadays are much longer than the average rig 20 years ago. Our first 26 ft TT was huge in it's day but pales in comparison to the 40+ toy haulers and such today but they are backed into the similar sized sites.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Most of the "Knuckleheadery" stuff would end; if folks just thought about what they're doing, and how it affects everybody around them.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:10 PM   #26

Model: Chateau 28F
State: Colorado
THOR #2768
Sanitizing water spigot

One of the best sanitizers is hydrogen peroxide. Just replace the cap on the bottle with a spray nozzle and spray away. It doesn’t go bad and is cheap. It will turn bronze fittings dark after awhile.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:02 AM   #27

State: South Carolina
THOR #11918
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
The old guys...like us...are still around! It's this new invasion of the "Entitled Millennial" whose moms still lick their butts clean and have never had to buy anything that have no respect for anyone or anything. It's the same people that feel throwing trash out the window of their car generates employment for someone. I could go on and on...just look around...they're everywhere and stand out like a turd on a pizza.
Nicely put and don't for get all the kids on golf carts that can't drive and surely done need a cell phone for assistance!
Old 07-15-2018, 01:20 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack A View Post
Nicely put and don't for get all the kids on golf carts that can't drive and surely done need a cell phone for assistance!
We've got just the thing for those situations!

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1531660819
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ATT00003.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	11459  
Old 07-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #29

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmac View Post
One of the best sanitizers is hydrogen peroxide. Just replace the cap on the bottle with a spray nozzle and spray away. It doesn’t go bad and is cheap. It will turn bronze fittings dark after awhile.
We always have a bottle or two on hand and use it to sanitize the fresh water tank as well. Great underused product without all the issues with bleach. Glad you brought it up as a good disinfectant. The only reason it is under utilized is you really cant smell it or test for it easily.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #30

Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
This has happened 4 times so far since we started our big cross country road trip back on Jun 3rd or what I like to call "hurry up and wait". It goes something like this. You're ready to leave your campsite to start another day's travel but you can't leave. Why, you might ask? Because some knucklehead has decided to pull his PU or SUV out into the road to hook up to his TT or f'ver. So you're probably wondering what's wrong with that? Nothing, if his rig was actually ready to go. However in every case I observed camping gear was not yet secured inside, water, sewer and electrical lines were still attached and in two instances the guy was grab assing with his site neighbor.
First trip with our new DRV.

Hooking up the truck, some knucklehead pulls in opposite me to check out his tent camp site. I asked him to move as I needed that space to make the swing out of my site.

Turns into a discussion as to whether I was ready or not and he was only going to be a minute. I connect, brake pull test, jacks up, all of 4-5 minutes.
Now the knucklehead is pitching his tent and is in no hurry to move his car.

It quickly turned into a heated conversation which ended up with me telling him I was going to unhook and drag his little POS car to the end of the lot.

He moved - we left. Before leaving he told me I didn't have to be so nasty.

I completely forgot until we left the CG that although I was pulling out at the 11am checkout, this person was at his site before 11, with a 2Pm check in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6151 copy.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	11472  

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:56 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
No doubt: they're out-breeding us!
But it's really not worth getting into a "heated discussion" over it. If you're dealing with the wrong fool: it can escalate to an unfortunate level!

Hang in there, and just imagine the fool sitting in a leaky tent... during a monsoon!

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1531673668
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Groan.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	11473  
Old 07-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #32

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
It IS worth a heated discussion...sometimes that's all they understand. The world, schools, parents, coaches...everybody is afraid to piss them off anymore. A good, old-fashioned butt chewing with a threat to rearrange their next few days WILL make an impression on them. Otherwise...they just get worse at what they do each and every next time.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:47 AM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
My Grandma Denman was a pretty wise Lady...
She had a plaque hanging in her kitchen, and it said this:

"May God grant me the strength to change the things that I can...
...The serenity to accept the things that I cannot...
...And the wisdom to know the difference!"

If it turns out that you're just trying to "Teach a pig to whistle": it's better to not get yourself worked up over something...
Old 07-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #34

Model: Challenger 37 LX
THOR #7853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Most of the "Knuckleheadery" stuff would end; if folks just thought about what they're doing, and how it affects everybody around them.
Pretty much sums up everything in life, not just camping. Unfortunately common sense has become fairly uncommon these days.

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:03 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I said that she was wise: not that I had any common sense!
And to this day: I still miss her and Grampa!
Old 07-16-2018, 01:15 PM   #36

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
I'm reminded of lessons taught to me by my Mom:

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

The ONLY thing in life you can control is your own attitude.

I have tried to live my life by these 2 rules and pass them on to my children as well.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #37

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
I agree...I've heard them all too and try to live by them. But, sometimes you just gotta get out the Weed-Wacker and let her rip!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #38
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
"Stress: The confusion created when the mind must override the body's strong desire to choke the living crap out of some Butthead, who desperately deserves it!"
Old 07-16-2018, 04:17 PM   #39

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Yesterday after camping I had to go to a dump station. So the spot I was at only had one place no big deal right should only take a couple of minutes. Uh no the guy ahead of me took 20 mins to dump his tanks and clean up and who knows what else. He was just talking to his buddy. Meanwhile there is a line forming and didn’t seem to care. I got out of course and got all prepared and at one point he tries to start talking to me. I am all for being nice most of the time but this guy clearly couldn’t not talk and work at the same time.

There is a difference to just not knowing and being inconsiderate. Sometimes being inconsiderate needs to be called out. Not knowing is different you might be able to help someone and make a better experience for themselves.

It just reminded me that whenever possible I pay extra for full hookups a few extra dollars is always worth my time not having to deal with the jackass that thinks it’s a party at the dump station and there is always one.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #40

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
The old guys...like us...are still around! It's this new invasion of the "Entitled Millennial" whose moms still lick their butts clean and have never had to buy anything that have no respect for anyone or anything. It's the same people that feel throwing trash out the window of their car generates employment for someone. I could go on and on...just look around...they're everywhere and stand out like a turd on a pizza.
Unfortunately, it is not only the "Entitled Millenial" who enjoys throwing trash out the window. I have been observing this activity since I started paying attention in the early 1950s. Where I grew up, they made highway littering an item of high interest when I was in grade school and the level of trash beside the roads is still as bad as ever. Of course, it was kind of nice that when my Mom had me walk to the grocery store for something, I could pick up a few soda (pop where I grew up) bottles and get enough in deposit money to buy myself a bottle to drink while at the store. Sometimes even had enough for a bag of chips or a candy bar, too.[emoji16]
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote