Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2018, 07:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: Delaware
THOR #5616
customer service

I'm currently on hold with Thor Owners service phone. Have been on hold about 30 minutes, don't mind that as much as the fact that they say call is important but the time waiting went from 11 minutes to 2 minutes to 9 minutes, to 6 minutes and then to 14 minutes. How can ANYONE call that service? Up till now their service has been good, I don't know what happened but I left a message for them to call back. When they do not call back, as I suspect, I will tell everyone within ear and eye shot how lousy their service is. All I need is a letter of recall on my unit to cross the border, but a company you cannot get a hold of is one I do NOT want to do business with. Fortunately there are many ways to let my feelings and experiences known with all the social media today. I doubt seriously that my next coach will be a Thor or Thor company.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
I have had to wait many times but they always answer. Depends on what time of day and day of the week. Forget Monday, everyone with weekend problems is calling. Thor CS line is who you want, then tech support and warranty. Good luck!!
Old 10-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Take a Midol.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Nice
Old 10-03-2018, 09:56 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I posted similar thought on this forum to a new member about skipping Thor and buying a Fleetwood or Winnebago. Within a couple of days I received a PM via this forum from Thor wanting to know my VIN number and what was wrong with my customer experience. I responded to them and yesterday received a great phone call from Andrea Hans at Thor Customer Service/Tech Support/Warranty. We had a long, congenial conversation about my coach. We have exchanged a couple of emails since and I now feel Thor wants to do the right thing by its customers after the sale. If the manufacturing side of the company would get on board I would recommend Thor to new buyers.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:35 PM   #6

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #12809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I posted similar thought on this forum to a new member about skipping Thor and buying a Fleetwood or Winnebago. Within a couple of days I received a PM via this forum from Thor wanting to know my VIN number and what was wrong with my customer experience. I responded to them and yesterday received a great phone call from Andrea Hans at Thor Customer Service/Tech Support/Warranty. We had a long, congenial conversation about my coach. We have exchanged a couple of emails since and I now feel Thor wants to do the right thing by its customers after the sale. If the manufacturing side of the company would get on board I would recommend Thor to new buyers.
Wow! I remember reading your previous post. Glad to hear you received some assistance. What a turn around.

From my foxhole, it's hard for me to rationalize the amount of money a unit costs and then doesn't operate/perform as you expect. But as long as it can be repaired so it can be eventually used.... I guess it's worth it.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:46 AM   #7

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Alaska
THOR #13320
I have just bought my Thor Hurricane 29M, had several issues with it initially, the trip from Dallas Texas back home in Anchorage, Alaska proved to be mostly uneventfully. Upon arrival we did have a leak through the passenger side window.. Called Thor to see what if any thing they were going to do about it. I spoke with the very same Andrea Hans. She was delightful to say the least, above that she was very well spoken about the Thor line. To make a short story longer, she helped. I was told to go get it fixed, send the bill to Thor. I did thinking, right.
I did, they did and the check arrived. In a word, SERVICE. Thanks Andrea.