Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2017, 02:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Dealer customer service

Ever go in for repairs only to be madder than when you found something wrong with your RV ?

Yesterday I had an appointment at General RV at 11:30 am. I arrived at 11. The new service writer said sternly, " Mr Kirby, you were supposed to be here at 9 ". I said no, I wrote it down as you told me , I would never agree to an appointment where I had to drive a 40' rig through rush hour traffic in Saginaw Michigan especially in the morning. She just scowled and said she'd work me in. I sat down with other people and it seems some of them were told the same thing. When she called me over I tried to explain that a sewer hose won't connect to the black water valve because there was no room. She huffed " some people just don't know how to attach them ". I said look, every person sitting over there is here because of a screw up by either this dealership or the manufacturer. And to come in and see your condescending attitude isn't worth a damn, if you don't like being here you should find a job where it makes you happy, not compounding people problems, now let's try this again, follow me out and show this dummy how to put that hose on. Well, she did try, but failed. I asked her if she wanted some BBQ sauce to put on that crow. I mentioned her attitude to the service manager about her attitude and he said he'd talk to her. He knows what I've been through with this coach and knows I've tried to be good about it. I told him if I wanted to be talked down to, I'd go home to my wife !!
Needless to say, the black water valve deal wasn't fixed, they have to cut a 12" hole in the bottom of the compartment and I stand a new access port.
Yes, of course they have to order the parts, so of course to go back once again.

And THAT is why I don't buy lotto tickets.

But the other customers loved how I got Mrs personality come around a bit.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #2

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Customer No Service

Your contact at that dealership sounds like a typical candidate for a TSA job at your local airport.....
Old 07-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
What makes this really sad is that I don't even own one of those models but have read enough on here to know it's a known problem. You would think that when you reported this problem and scheduled service:

1) It would be flagged as a known issue on this model
2) Parts would have been ordered and available on the scheduled service date
3) The service person would of had advance knowledge this is a known issue and been prepared to deal with the customer as such.

Oh wait... that's quality service! What was I thinking.... lol
Old 07-29-2017, 12:07 AM   #4

State: Ohio
THOR #8515
Rick are they going to make a cover for the 12inch hole that latches? also when you have the sewer hose installed you still have a big opening exposed to the out side fr critters to get in. I made a little cover for the opening on our yt for when the power cord is connected. Looks like they just use the same compartments for both.I like the coaches that just have a notch cut out for the power cord.Let us know how the modification works i am interested in having it done to our coach.