Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2017, 06:05 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #6123
dealerships you are actually happy with

DeMartini RV in Grass Valley California is pretty awesome! Needed a few things done, and they accommodated us with very little hassle.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:27 AM   #22

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Years ago while living in northern Indiana I delt with Total Value RV and was not impressed at all. They are close to the factory but to me that was their only claim to fame, they tried to jerk me around on service because I didn't purchase my coach there. I had purchased my coach in SC because I was living there at the time, when I moved to Indiana they were the closest dealer. I had a top of the line Tuscany at that time and I guess they figured here's a money cow, let's see how much milk we can get, no thank you!

TVRV gets a NO vote from me!
Old 07-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #23
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Unfortunately what was a good dealer for me in Virginia may no longer be so. This year my local dealers (2 of them) were purchased by Camping World. Although the worker bees are the same the business processes and managers have changed.

My wife has her eye on a Newmar Diesel Pusher for our retirement coach (1 to 2 years out) and after looking at one at a local dealer I told her we no longer have a reason to purchase local.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:11 PM   #24

Model: Hurricane 27K
THOR #1226
Mike Thompson RV has been giving us great sale/service with our coach. Thor has been very helpful with my questions and a problem I had with the jacks.

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:29 PM   #25

THOR #6123
dealerships you are actually happy with

Which Mike Thompson location did you deal with?
Old 07-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #26

Model: Hurricane 27K
THOR #1226
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowskier1 View Post
Which Mike Thompson location did you deal with?
We got our RV from MT in Fountain Valley and also our first warranty service. Six months later we had warranty service at MT in Colton which is closer to us in Lake Elsinore. I took my list of 4 items and did the walk through with service. 5 days later to pick up the RV, we did another through and they explain what they did to correct all the issues. I was very pleased with both locations with their attention to details.

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:11 PM   #27

Model: Miramar
State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
Camping World Chattanooga

The service department is first class, and Elisa Low, Service Advisor as well Casey Sullivan, Service Director are examples of integrity and honesty.

While I'm from Nashville and routinely drive to Jacksonville Florida, my search for the best service department led me to Chattanooga Tn. If you are in need of RV service in Tennessee, call 423 892 8275. You will not regret calling upon this Camping World!
Old 07-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #28

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I highly recommend you do intense research and due diligence regarding where and who is going to perform after sales service. There are going to be warranty issues -- I guarantee. Do you want to drive hundreds of miles for service? Do you want a dealer to refuse to service or put you at the end of their service schedule because you did not buy from them?

It might cause you heartburn to learn that when you researched price, you could have gotten a better deal somewhere else. But to drive hours for service, or have your rig parked in a dealer's service yard waiting for Thor repair approval, or parts, or space in the repair quo is really going to cause you major angst. You can find hundreds of threads right here in this forum regarding owners unhappy with dealer after the sale service.

I don't know if this is your first RV, but getting g RV service is not like a car. Buy a Toyota and have a warranty issue -- take it to any Toyota dealer anywhere and they will fix it. RV's on the other hand are a different issue. Just because a dealer sells Thor products does not mean he'll service yours or give you the same priority as someone who bought from him. I just want you to be aware of that. After you find a dealer where you intend to buy, if it is some distance from where you live, check with the dealer whose service you intend to use to be sure there will be no problem getting it serviced.

Do your homework regarding service (you can thank me later).
Old 07-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #29

Model: Miramar
State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
I highly recommend you do intense research and due diligence regarding where and who is going to perform after sales service. There are going to be warranty issues -- I guarantee. Do you want to drive hundreds of miles for service? Do you want a dealer to refuse to service or put you at the end of their service schedule because you did not buy from them?

It might cause you heartburn to learn that when you researched price, you could have gotten a better deal somewhere else. But to drive hours for service, or have your rig parked in a dealer's service yard waiting for Thor repair approval, or parts, or space in the repair quo is really going to cause you major angst. You can find hundreds of threads right here in this forum regarding owners unhappy with dealer after the sale service.

Do your homework regarding service (you can thank me later).

Agree, which is why I did my research. Since my purchase of an RV from a dealer in Akron; I've not returned. The CW service dealer, I selected in Chattanooga, has a solid relationship with Thor and understands the importance of satisfying customers even though I did not make my initial RV purchase from their location. I had rather drive 2 hours to a RV dealer that I trust in servicing my RV, then drive 30 minutes where you can't trust the service department.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:05 AM   #30

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
You are so close to General RV in Huntley Illinois about 40 minutes from you. They gave me a better price than I ever saw after 3 months of looking, dealing and haggling. Across the entire country. I was willing to fly out to pick up the right coach at the right price. But I didn't have to they hooked me up on price. After browsing many blogs they seem to have a decent service reputation as well.

General RV Center | Nation's Largest Family Owned RV Dealer

Best sales guy I ever dealt with I did so over the phone. Call this guy he reps Thor products you can pick up at any of General RV's 11 locations, including Huntley, Il. He is not even in that store or the one I bought from and he is still the best. Tell him Bill from Saint John sent you.
Brian Sinatra
Internet Sales
General RV Center
Wixom, MI
Ph.888-436-7578 ext. 7087
Cell 734-560-4138
He doesn't return phone calls. Trust me
Old 07-29-2017, 12:08 AM   #31

State: Ohio
THOR #8515
total value rv elkhart ind