Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2016, 02:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #3454
dinette/Bed

hi guys just purchased my Thor Miramar 34.2 but cannot figure out how to set up cushions for dinette bed, do the back rest just get moved to the middle? seems like theres a a lot of gap. is there a additional cushion that I need to add? maybe im missing it? any help??

Old 01-12-2016, 06:52 AM   #2

Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
That's how it is done in my Axis. The table drops down below the seats and the back cushions fit on the table.

Looking at your floor plan, the table is 46" wide so your backrest cushions would need to be 23" high to fill the area.

Is the back cushion on the sofa bed removable? If so would it fit?

BTW, nice floor plan.

Bruce
Old 01-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
All the dinettes I've used essentially worked the same regardless of width. Most are around 6-ft long (more or less a few inches), with the bottom cushions around 23 to 24 inches wide (or is it length?) and the back cushions around 12 to 13 inches tall in seating position (part of what makes most dinettes uncomfortable to sit for long periods).

The four cushions when placed as shown in attached picture should fit tight, otherwise cracks between cushions would be uncomfortable to sleep on.

If yours is like this but the four cushions don't fill the length of the dinette in a tight pack, I would question if you have the correct cushions for the dinette length.

And for what it's worth, I prefer arranging cushions differently than in picture to make bed more comfortable to sleep on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1267  
Old 07-27-2016, 07:09 PM   #4

State: California
THOR #4948
Any luck

Robert,
Any luck figuring it out? I have the same coach with the same issue. Even the dealer hasn't been able to figure it out and they have ordered a few different cushions for me already.
They keep saying since the dinette is the largest size there needs to be a special cushion for it.

thanks