Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #11841
Slow Diesel Fill

I have a 2018 Thor Aria 36'. I can barely fill the diesel tank; it goes very slow. Not just at truck stops with high speed nose but even regular gas stations. Not sure how to solve the problem. Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Old 06-23-2019, 03:27 AM   #2

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
I'm sorry I don't have any direct solution for you, and haven't had any similar issue on our Aria. I do remember that there were issues posted on the Palazzo site over on IRV2 forums.

Palazzo Motorhomes - iRV2 Forums

Good luck,
Mike
Old 07-22-2019, 11:33 AM   #3

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Perhaps a vent issue? If you have twin fill caps, perhaps take the off-side cap off while filling from the opposite side and see if your flow improves.
GVP
Old 07-22-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
If you are able, slide under the coach look at the fill tube. It more than likely has q twist in it un twist it night have to take the screw out of tube on top to un twist it. If it is still under warranty take it to the dealer
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:47 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arkansas
THOR #14550
A friend of ours has a diesel Class A Isata Dynamax 35 footer. He mentioned the same issue. Said he crawled underneath and discovered the fuel line from the fill point to the tank was not supported, so when filling the fuel going into that line would collect there causing even more sag until enough got in the line to force some into the tank. Then the process would start all over again. Was taking him 20-30 minutes to pump 40-50 gallons. He made a support for that portion of the fuel fill line and problem gone.
Might check that out.
harvnlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #6

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
I have gone round and round with Thor And my dealer with a crushed fill pipe in my 2017 Chateau.
Thor says it's a Chevy problem, Chevy says it's a Thor problem.
Who said it was crushed when they put the cabin on the chassis. So now I found the sweet spot At 4:30 position to put the gas nozzle in and pump slowly. CA was the worst. Their gas pumps have a big collar that you have to shove in to get it to fill. EPA thing. Takes me 20 min to fill up. Keeps shutting off. Try turning the nozzle to 4:30 position. That's my solution. Dealer will do nothing!!

Tags
aria