Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2015, 11:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 42WX
State: Florida
THOR #2610
Fan where the Inverter is

We own a 2014 Tuscany 42WX that we full time in. Lately, when we are out and use the inverter, the fan runs sometimes for 48 hours before it cuts off. This after we are in from the trip and hooked to shore power. Any ideas what is going on? It seems like an insane amount of time for a fan to run.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:03 PM   #2

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
Our 2014 Palazzo does the same thing. The fan is very small, and doesn't move a lot of air. The cmpt stays quite warm for a long period of time. Couple that with warm/hot ambient temp, and the fan will run a long time. From what Thor told me, this is normal.
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Is it possible your inverter is an inverter/charger and the fan runs to keep the "charger" section cool while the battery bank is recharged off shore power?

I don't know but speculate that a standard inverter shouldn't take 48 hours to cool off after use. On the other hand it could take many hours to fully charge the batteries, and the charger generates a lot of heat in the process.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #4

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
The fan is controlled by a sensor that on mine sort of hangs in the air inside. Mine hasn't run that long, but has run for about 12-14 hours. Yes, I suppose it's possible the inverter is charging the batteries, thus generating heat. Yes, I do plug in when we get home, just to keep that charge.
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #5

Model: 42WX
State: Florida
THOR #2610
It may very well be charging the batteries as well. We check them regularly and they have not required much maintenance. We will pay more attention to this. We are only into full timing for a year and have changed coaches once already. Thank you to all for your replies. We much appreciate it.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #6

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
My inverter is under the king bed totally enclosed with wood. I purchased two vents, sprayed them texture black, and will install them above the fuse panel to allow cross ventilation. As is yours, my fan is constantly on sometimes and that can not be good for longevity. Will provide a pic when completed
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote