Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2019, 12:45 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #16584
Axis Earl

Realtors! Ouch that hurt! Lolol I am a realtor in Texas! If you ever need anything I promise I do not ever sell and forget!!! I would be out of business!!!

Old 10-19-2019, 02:13 AM   #42

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkmacbevo View Post
Realtors! Ouch that hurt! Lolol I am a realtor in Texas! If you ever need anything I promise I do not ever sell and forget!!! I would be out of business!!!
You are unique and I applaud your integrity. I stick by my statement overall. I can say that our experience with our SOB has been better than we expected. Speaking of the manufacturer, not necessarily the dealership. Found another broken door latch and the company did not hesitate to send another one to me directly. Beats having to take it to the dealership.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:13 AM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbyid View Post
With many years in sales I am unable to understand RV sales can present a RV for sale with flaws like molding missing, wires hanging down and broken pieces that could be fixed in a few minutes. when asked the sale rep answer is they will fix that. Is it not easier to fix it first so it will sale
I asked a dealer that exact same question. There response is they would send a lot of time fixing coaches before the sale and other things may break requiring them to go back at it. I don't buy the game they run down on people, but to me, if I am dealer, I never accept the RV from Mfg with some of the defects I have seen. And since they do accept the rVs, they might as well fix the obvious things which is your point.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:50 AM   #44
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
The problem with the RV busines is....if I am a Hot Buyer and items need to be fixed for the sale right Now!!!! They need to get the unit off the lot and sold Now !!!!
IF you don't have the parts to fix it now you go cannibalize other units thinking you're going to put them back again. But that seldom ever happens that's why a lot of the units are in such disarray. Radios lose not working, bad hot water heaters, missing this broken that. A lot will happen on the dealer lot.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:53 PM   #45

Brand: Still Looking
State: New Hampshire
THOR #1492
Try a Thor Sequence Class B. It's a nice step up from tent camping. My favorite floorplan is the 20K. In an increasingly competitive market, they are selling at a nice discount. There isn't nearly as much that can go wrong on a Class B - no slides and no aluminum-framed fiberglass walls/roofs to worry about. Gas mileage is 16-20 mpg.

Link - Thor Sequence Floorplans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Bob,

Given the obvious disappointment with our RV, I couldn't wait to get back into my beloved tent this morning. Sending picture at your request, but I may have gain a few pounds thinking I was going to move into RV.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ni36GTFskVkgo/giphy.gif