Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2016, 10:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
First 100 nights

After about 13 months, we just enjoyed our 100th night in our 2016 Vegas 25.2. The few warranty issues were handled by Thor with minimum inconvenience, including replacing the (taller) windshield.

We've had several different RV types over the years, and this one fits us just right for the way we travel.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:05 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new Axis and that you got a good one. We are about to takeoff on a 2-3 month trip out west in our Axis purchased in February. We have had this one out on a few short trips but this will be our first long one. After 25,000 miles in our Vegas and over 200 days on the road, we are anxious to try our new Axis. Hope we have as good luck as you apparently are enjoying. Have fun! We agree that after two previous Class B and Class C's we love our Vegas/Axis.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Question for Oneilkeys

I was just wondering why you traded off your Vegas ( just after you got it all broken in)
Old 07-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #4

THOR #1765
I had 25,000 miles on it and the tires were getting warn. Seriously, I went to the RV show in Tampa last February to see if there was anything a little bigger to move up to. After closely examining everything out there under 30', we decided that what we had was better for us than anything else out there. We kept coming back to the 2016 Axis with its improvements - E-450, six speed transmission, pocket doors in the bathroom, new shower set up and my wife really liked the new light wood interior. We had light wood in our previous Class C and the light wood interior in the 2016 Axis was much nicer looking than the dark wood in our 2014. Our Vegas was built during the first few months of the initial production of the brand, during the time when they could not build them fast enough to get them to the dealers and people who wanted one. So the quality control on our was really bad. That being said, after two single day trips to the dealer for warrantee work and lots of fixing on my own, we were still very happy with the unit. We took the Vegas 15,000 miles to Alaska and back last year living in it over three and a half months. At the show I got an offer for my new Axis for less tha $20k out the door with the trade. Having had one for two years, I knew where to look and what to look for and I was impressed with this unit's fit and finish. So far "knock on wood" I have not had it back to the dealer for any warrantee work. I have spent some time fixing minor stuff and one bout with the charging system, but I got a good unit and one that had been really prepped well for the show. (Camping World, by the way - to give them their due. So far, we have been really happy with the Axis and I love the new 6 speed transmission. It is also much quieter and I have added additional insulation. In the end I figured that $20k for 25,000 new miles, new tires and lots of things we liked better was worth it. I was able to transfer many of my improvements in the Vegas to the Axis or they had already made the change. It cost me a couple of hundred dollars for a new Clean Dump system, but the second installation was a breeze and I am retired and love to work on boats and RVs so it gave me a new "project". I am also getting to the age where this could be my last RV so I figured "what the hell". We will see whether we made the right decision over the next several months.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #5

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Maybe it's like a Chihuahua dog & just gets excited when you shut it off!
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #6

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Mr Sunshine
Congrats and I hope you enjoy many more nights.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:31 PM   #7

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Maybe it's like a Chihuahua dog & just gets excited when you shut it off!
Sorry, this was to post on a different thread!!
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:04 PM   #8

THOR #1765
I thought that was a non-sequitur.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:13 AM   #9

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #4366
11 more days and we reach 60 nights in our Axis. At 100 days we may finally be off the Blueridge parkway.