Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
Flip-up counter extension fail

The counter extension on my Axis pulled the panel it is attached to off . About half the top and right side have pulled away! As far as I can tell ( shining flashlight inside) this 1/8" panel is attached with staples . There appear to be many staples which aren't going into anything. So basically it was only being held in by two staples. One at the top right and one at the top top of the right side!
Thor really????
I have zero confidence that CW can repair this considering that with one exception everything they have supposedly repaired thus far hasn't been repaired at all!
All of these issues should be fairly simple to repair with the exception of the tile which is bucking up right where you step up into the cab. CW told me they would need to take out the seats to repair this. Of course they haven't done this on any of the four different occasions I've taken it in to have it repaired!
I'm considering taking it back to the factory, but that's an 11 hour drive.
Those of you who have done this, do you think it was worthwhile? Were you satisfied with the service you received?
Thanks

Old 05-15-2017, 04:12 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl
Those of you who have done this, do you think it was worthwhile? Were you satisfied with the service you received?
Yup best service I've ever received from any RV repair shop.

I spelled out my experience in nauseating detail LOL in this thread: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...ence-6233.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote