Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2019, 07:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Florida
THOR #14871
Four Winds 26B question

Today was the first chance we have had to start loading a few items into our new to us 2017 Four Winds 26B. I turned the house battery to the use position and the air conditioner started an occasional beep. Turning the battery to store stopped the beep. Would this be because we did not have shore power hooked up and the generator was not running? On a second item, I cannot for the life of me turn the dashboard radio off if the house battery is connected. Is this by design?

Thanks, Phil

Old 04-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Yes the dash radio is powered by the house system. That said I think my Axxera I will power off with the power button on the top left.
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:18 PM   #3

THOR #14871
Thanks Pete, that is what I had figured out so far. The beep coming from the A/C unit still has me baffled. I am assuming that there is a 12 volt relay or some such that is set to turn on the 115 but with it not there is possibly sounding an alarm. Next time I have a chance I will try and troubleshoot a little more on this one.

Thanks, Phil
Old 04-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 26B
State: Virginia
THOR #9566
Phil, I haven't encountered the beep from the AC when turning on the coach battery. Only beep I hear when doing that each time is the beep from the microwave turning on. I guess you figured out if you hold the top left button on the radio in, it will turn it off, right?

P.S. Watch your head when getting stuff out of the storage compartment when loading or unloading.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:02 PM   #5

THOR #14871
I could understand if we had been on shore power. I know there are lots of things in the RV that take a bit of 12 volts when on battery power but without 115 being present I’m just not sure what would be causing the beep. It sure sounded like it was coming from the AC unit.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:00 AM   #6

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
Our 2018 RS26 (same basic floorplan) gets a beeping sound when the coach battery is first turned on also. Ours comes from the LP detector powering up. The detector is located almost directly below the A/C unit on the front of the rear dinette seat. The beeping lasts 15-20 seconds and stops.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:21 AM   #7

THOR #14871
I am sure that is exactly what you described. Thanks, that puts our mind at ease. This is our first class C after many years of tow behind trailers.

Phil