Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2018, 01:19 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10520
Another Axxera Issue

Didn't see this covered anywhere else so I'll start here. 2018 Vegas with Axxera AVM70LH.
1) I was tinkering with the Micro SD function playing music from my collection and noticed that it only recognized up to 743 MP3 files (of 1550) on the card. I'm assuming Axxera has a limit on file capacity (either total MB or # of files) - Does anyone know for sure?
2) While thumbing through the files on the card there were some pics (JPGs) that would temporarily display then a message would display that says can't view while driving. I tried all various combinations of audio unit on with chassis on and off but apparently with audio powered by coach all the time it thinks that the RV is always being "driven" even when I'm out of gas going nowhere. Has anyone else experienced this or am I not flicking the right switch somewhere?
Thanks in advance.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:39 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
For your #2 there probably is a sense wire that is shorted to ground. I know when I replaced my Jensen it had a "in drive" input that I tied off so it would never think we're moving (even though the new one has a GPS and could easily figure out if we're moving or not LOL).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:55 AM   #3

Model: Chateau 28F
State: Colorado
THOR #2768
On my Thor Chateau, you have to have the emergency brake set to see pictures or videos on the radio. With the emergency brake set, it’s there way of making sure you are not driving while watching the screen (liability suits). You can look it up on You Tube on how to jump this ground so you can watch videos if you want. Just don’t get stopped by the police and have a video playing our you might get a healthy fine..
Old 02-17-2018, 05:08 AM   #4

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmac View Post
On my Thor Chateau, you have to have the emergency brake set to see pictures or videos on the radio. With the emergency brake set, it’s there way of making sure you are not driving while watching the screen (liability suits). You can look it up on You Tube on how to jump this ground so you can watch videos if you want. Just don’t get stopped by the police and have a video playing our you might get a healthy fine..

You can move ground from emergency brake to another ground and have video all the time
Old 02-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10520
Thanks to all for the replies - I now understand how it works. Not being an emerg brake user I don't think I would have thought of that. Not a big deal cause I (as driver) really don't want to view pics or videos while driving.

Now if someone has technical info on file capacity for the Axxera?