Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2017, 04:02 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Washington
THOR #7426
Frustration

This is the exact issue with big box retailers that try to be dealerships. All these Camping World type of dealers want to do is sell the unit and collect your money. Being a manufacturer myself I’ve learned a valuable lesson. Work with manufacturers that are going to back you up when their lacking dealers don’t. The first sign of a bad dealer is them blaming the manufacturer waiting on parts or approval. The reason they are having an issue is most likely because they suck Thor dry for every penny and Thor is forced to look carefully at every warranty item to try and stay in business rather than trusting their dealer to treat them right and make sure that the customer is taken care of first and foremost. I’ve always asked myself, why would the dealer need to wait to fix your RV to get approvals from the manufacturer? Did they wait to collect your money until Thor called and told them it was ok? No, fix the dang problems and work it out with Thor without involving you! You’re the customer, you should be oblivious to any issues regarding the manufacturer. If Thor doesn’t reimburse their dealer for the work they did, that should be the darn dealers call as to whether or not they want to sell that brand! It works both ways but a successful company will take care of the customer with the simple fact that it was purchased from them. Camping world is NOT the answer.

Personally, I would simply call Thor and request them to find a satisfactory dealer to take care of your issues promptly and make sure they are done right. If that doesn’t work, post back as the brand relies on them. They do not want the bad publicity.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:24 AM   #22

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: California
THOR #3016
Check out RV.net. They're owned by Camping World and have LOTS of people registering their frustrations there. And they usually get a response from CW's "rapid response" team. It helped when I'd purchased a Starcraft TT that had a few issues.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #23

State: Alaska
THOR #6879
Don't take it to camping world. Call Thor and find a approved repair place.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #24

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
I don't use Camping World any more. They proved to me that they are not motivated to satisfy the customer, but to cover their butts first and foremost. I found Golden Gate Trailers in Concord and have been pleased with their staff and how they waste no time in getting things done. CW is overwhelmed I think and the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, imo.....