Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
full driver's side slide issues

We own the 2016 Miramar 34.2 with the full driver’s side slide out. I am aware that these motors and brackets support a lot of weight when they go in and out. So far (fingers crossed) we have had no issues with this slide. We do apply slide lubricant to the tracks and gears. Has anyone had a problem with the slide on this unit, and what if anything should we be looking out for.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:47 PM   #2

Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
Just happened this morning, getting ready start slide, goes in about 8 inches stops. I put it back out, tried again, no go. Took the remote went out side pushed on slide close to driver, slide went in. Kinda scary for sure that the slides won't go. Got back to my full time spot, slide went out no problem. Guess I need to lube all the rubber seals side top bottom.
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #3

Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
be careful where and how you "lube" them...we did our slide maint about 6 weeks ago---watched a video on you tube about the lippert and schwintek slides. you don't put anything that can attract dirt actually on the tracks...the fittings are under the rubber flashing!! our Service guy had a fit the other day when we went to get the Generator oil changed!! He wiped them all down!!!!
Old 09-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #4

THOR #3584
Wow, good thing to know thanks
Old 09-06-2016, 10:04 PM   #5

THOR #4158
Thanks. Will wipe now!!
Old 09-07-2016, 02:05 AM   #6

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
You might want to check your batteries on the 2015. We have a full wall slide on our 2015 ACE 30.2. On vaca in Nebraska this summer our slide did the same thing. A really great dealer in Cheyenne, Wyoming looked it over and said the most likely culprit was our Harris batteries. Even though they were showing fully charged, he thought they were draining too quickly while he ran through some tests and that they might not be working at full load capacity. We had him change out the batteries and have not had an issue since.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:09 AM   #7

THOR #3584
When I operate the slide I make sure I have the unit plugged into the 50 amp electrical outlet so the motors get the maximum electricity
Old 09-07-2016, 02:45 AM   #8

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
As I understand it, the slide operates off 12V. Being "plugged in" won't help if the batteries themselves are weak (and they can be weak and fully charged)
Old 09-07-2016, 06:44 AM   #9

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
you will

Those Harris batteries will fail. Make plans to replace them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
You might want to check your batteries on the 2015. We have a full wall slide on our 2015 ACE 30.2. On vaca in Nebraska this summer our slide did the same thing. A really great dealer in Cheyenne, Wyoming looked it over and said the most likely culprit was our Harris batteries. Even though they were showing fully charged, he thought they were draining too quickly while he ran through some tests and that they might not be working at full load capacity. We had him change out the batteries and have not had an issue since.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #10

THOR #4158
Yes. That could very well be the issue, as the Harris batteries are showing good to go! I guess they must Go for sure now. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #11

THOR #3584
Didn't know that, I thought the electrical connection took over when plugged in, thanks for the information.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #12

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #2154
Actually, when you are plugged in to a 120 volt source, your converter is charging your 12 volt batteries (assuming your Store/Use switch is in the "Use" position). So you are getting benefit of a strong 12 volt system if you are plugged in. Of course, if your batteries are on their last legs then all bets are off.