Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
General RV Did What?

OK folks,

For those of you that saw some of my other posts you already know I bought a 2017 Thor Synergy tt24 in Ming Blue at the Chicago RV show In January. General RV sold it to me at the show around 45% off list and it was still at the factory in production so I was able to pick out colors, cabinets and add options.

Update: Drove up to General RV in Wayland Michigan yesterday as scheduled to do the PDI and drive it home. The coach had some issues inside and out but were all cosmetic. Paint runs, scratches, crooked storage locker handle that sort of thing. General RV apologized profusely. They fed my family lunch, took $250 labor off my bill I had agreed to pay for them to install Remi cab blinds in the coach, so I ended up getting them installed free. They gave me an on the spot store credit for $200 which we immediately spent then added our own $200 more buying new "stuff" you know, sewer hose, water hose, new portable Webber gas grill. Now the best part of all and the part that blew me away. After taking care of all the issues they are going to DELIVER the coach to my house. YESSSSS. No six hour round trip to go and pick it up!!! Now that's what I call service.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
OK folks,

For those of you that saw some of my other posts you already know I bought a 2017 Thor Synergy tt24 in Ming Blue at the Chicago RV show In January. General RV sold it to me at the show around 45% off list and it was still at the factory in production so I was able to pick out colors, cabinets and add options.

Update: Drove up to General RV in Wayland Michigan yesterday as scheduled to do the PDI and drive it home. The coach had some issues inside and out but were all cosmetic. Paint runs, scratches, crooked storage locker handle that sort of thing. General RV apologized profusely. They fed my family lunch, took $250 labor off my bill I had agreed to pay for them to install Remi cab blinds in the coach, so I ended up getting them installed free. They gave me an on the spot store credit for $200 which we immediately spent then added our own $200 more buying new "stuff" you know, sewer hose, water hose, new portable Webber gas grill. Now the best part of all and the part that blew me away. After taking care of all the issues they are going to DELIVER the coach to my house. YESSSSS. No six hour round trip to go and pick it up!!! Now that's what I call service.
I am awaiting my 3rd RV purchased at General RV in Tampa, Fl. I have always found them to be pleasant and responsive when bringing my coach in for service issues. When bringing the coach in for warranty issues the service dept. has always repaired and returned my coach in a timely manner and has done so with a smile. I feel like they appreciate my business even after the sale. After reading some of the stories here I am very grateful and hope they continue the good work.

Kev
Old 05-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Very cool and very interesting. General RV is a Michigan company with is HQ not too far from me (Wixom MI, they actually built their new HQ on top of an old Ford plant that was shut down and knocked down--used to build the GT there but I digress).

I say interesting because it seems like GRV has had a mixed bag of experiences on the forums here: A few of us have experienced excellent service as mentioned above (and myself as well at their Brownstown location) but I note there is at least one or two reports equaling some of the worst Camping World type experiences as well. Not sure if that is for a specific GRV location or what..just something I find interesting.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:00 PM   #4

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Very cool and very interesting. General RV is a Michigan company with is HQ not too far from me (Wixom MI, they actually built their new HQ on top of an old Ford plant that was shut down and knocked down--used to build the GT there but I digress).

I say interesting because it seems like GRV has had a mixed bag of experiences on the forums here: A few of us have experienced excellent service as mentioned above (and myself as well at their Brownstown location) but I note there is at least one or two reports equaling some of the worst Camping World type experiences as well. Not sure if that is for a specific GRV location or what..just something I find interesting.
You probably know like I do. Some people will never be satisfied, some people are hard to be nice to, some people don't do well negotiating, some people ask for grief, people usually post bad experiences faster and more often than good experiences, some service employees have bad days and sometimes you just roll in on a guys last day at this job he hates. Having said that I guess it must be like some other things.

"Your results will vary"
"Your attitude affects the price"
"Quality is in the mind of the beholder"
"Follow all directions", and it will still be wrong sometimes.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers
You probably know like I do. Some people will never be satisfied, some people are hard to be nice to, some people don't do well negotiating, some people ask for grief, people usually post bad experiences faster and more often than good experiences, some service employees have bad days and sometimes you just roll in on a guys last day at this job he hates. Having said that I guess it must be like some other things.

"Your results will vary"
"Your attitude affects the price"
"Quality is in the mind of the beholder"
"Follow all directions", and it will still be wrong sometimes.
Yes, I've often thought about how it sometimes just takes a little thing to derail a whole conversation, or experience--something simple: it started raining, I was in a hurry, "he looked funny" who knows. Suddenly you're off on the wrong foot and no amount of effort can get you back...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #6

Model: Axis 25.1
State: California
THOR #2792
We bought our 2016 Thor Axis 25.1 at General RV in Michigan in June of 2015. It was very much less expensive to buy it in Michigan at General RV and then drive it home to California where we live. We just had to have it smogged and pay the difference in the sales tax here in Cali to register it. Even with that is was cheaper than buying it here. We are originally from Genesee County, Michigan and we go back there in the summer. General RV treated us well.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:58 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #6009
We bought our first new coach from GRV in Wayland. 10 miles from our lake house. Very convenient. They are very nice people and I believe ethical and professional.
I wanted a new coach really bad so my wife did the negotiating. She did a good job as I was surprised when the salesman gave in to her final offer.

Something we still laugh about; When we picked up the coach, the salesman took up to the supply store where we informed him that we had everything we needed, but he could throw in a few rolls of toilet paper. NO WAY! We lightheartedly goaded him into giving us a couple rolls of toilet paper. He never gave in. As we drove home I told my wife that we must have really hit his bottom line.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:48 AM   #8

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
We bought our first new coach from GRV in Wayland. 10 miles from our lake house. Very convenient. They are very nice people and I believe ethical and professional.
I wanted a new coach really bad so my wife did the negotiating. She did a good job as I was surprised when the salesman gave in to her final offer.

Something we still laugh about; When we picked up the coach, the salesman took up to the supply store where we informed him that we had everything we needed, but he could throw in a few rolls of toilet paper. NO WAY! We lightheartedly goaded him into giving us a couple rolls of toilet paper. He never gave in. As we drove home I told my wife that we must have really hit his bottom line.
Everybody knows "the job is not done until the paperwork is finished".