Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Out of curiosity

Anyone here, or anyone here know someone who has bought an RV and had absolutely no issues after they bought it ?

Old 07-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #2

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
Nope.

My 2 yr old Thor Hurricane is having a new roof installed as we speak.

My buddy has a new MH he paid well over $200K for and it is back east
at the factory for repairs because CW could not fix the problems he had.
I like to wander and I'm not lost!
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:13 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Zero issues no I had 4 issues after my PDI that were resolved within 90 days my 2017 american made automobile has had 2 recalls so far in first year I have owned it STUFF HAPPENS

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
So far no
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #5

Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
I have two 2016 vehicles and a 2013. Lucky enough, no recall. That's usually a parts defect, not bad workmanship. I've never really owned a vehicle with bad workmanship until I bought my motor home, and STUFF HAPPENS is true. Because I have stuff happening on a weekly basis ! Lol
Old 07-26-2017, 05:27 PM   #6

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Bought a brand new 2001 Citation 33M travel trailer, owned it for about 2-3 years and traded up for a brand new class C Winnebago motorhome. Much to my surprise, I had no issues at all with the Citation TT. Not the case with the other 11 RV's I've owned mostly new but a few were used. At the time, the Citation/Chateau travel trailers were higher quality than brands like Fleetwood, etc. I heard that that brand was dissolved once the PA factory went on strike. Hard to find info on exactly what happened to Citation/Chateau but also heard a rumor that Thor bought the brand, they went on strike and then Thor dissolved the brand. Heard that from the local dealer I bought the Citation from when I bumped into them years later at an RV show.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:27 PM   #7

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
I have two 2016 vehicles and a 2013. Lucky enough, no recall. That's usually a parts defect, not bad workmanship. I've never really owned a vehicle with bad workmanship until I bought my motor home, and STUFF HAPPENS is true. Because I have stuff happening on a weekly basis ! Lol

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:59 PM   #8

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Anyone here, or anyone here know someone who has bought an RV and had absolutely no issues after they bought it ?
Not a new RV. From my experience all new models have a few items to be worked out. Rolling house will have something go wrong. Most of first year spent correcting issues. Now we can enjoy it.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #9

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
I had to reattach a window valance

I had to relocate the step's magnetic switch slightly to better match the other side

I have a couple of drawers that do not lock/stay closed well. And 2 that I took off of the slides to access behind that I cant get to stay in the slide well (is that my fault?).

None that I think justifies dealing with a local dealer I did not purchase from.

I consider myself very fortunate, it starts when I turn the key, the full wall slide goes in and out when I hit the button, no water leaks, AC works, .... knocking on wood now.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:30 PM   #10

Model: Citation SR Sprinter
State: Iowa
THOR #7596
No issues

2017 Thor Citation. 6000 miles. No issues. Drives great. Purchased from LaMesa RV in Mesa, Az. No issues with them. I added several outlets, installed a larger bathroom sink, moved microwave to above the stove and added 3 drawers where the microwave was. (Purchased drawer fronts from Thor thru my dealer), added several shelves in storage compartments. Changed out the shower rod to give me 6 to 8 more inches in the shower. Also added 5 foot of 4 inch PVC from sewer compartment to front of LP compartment to hold sewer hose. These mods were done because I wanted to do them, not because of defects.

Headed to UP then to east coast of Canada this fall.. Then to AZ for the winter. Next spring will make trip to Alaska..
Old 07-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #11

THOR #1249
Quote:
If that happened to me, I would go buy a lottery ticket right away.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:06 PM   #12

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
My 1995 Starcraft Popup had zero issues in the five years we owned it.

My 2000 Starcraft 24RK travel trailer had absolutely no issues. In the 10 years we owned it and over 70,000 miles traveled around the country we wore out the power inverter fan and it caused the inverter to overheat and fail which we attributed to normal wear and tear considering how much runtime/use prior to failure.

My 2011 Palomino 8801 had numerous issues but the factory took it back and made ir right.

My 2013 Keystone Cougar had issues.

My 2017 Thor Four Winds is by far the worst and the list continues to grow the longer I own it and discover new things.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #13

Model: Allegro Open Road
THOR #8069
Bought my 2018 a few weeks ago from CW in Ocala. Told salesman we would be back in November and not needing the RV until April. He said make a list of warranty issues and we will make all repairs and also store your RV until April. Most of the things that I found I fixed myself along with adding a few things (thanks to this forum). I have a very small list like some screens and a few scratches, other than that we are very happy.
I think that you need to have mechanical ability to own one of these and make your own repairs or it will be spending most of the time in the shop.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:35 PM   #14

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Used Montana fiver, zero issues full timing in it. Made some upgrades (washer/dryer, sat dish, etc) but no repairs.

Used Thor Challenger, bad water pump replaced by dealer in first 2 weeks. Made upgrades but after a year and over 10,000 miles issue free and very happy.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:03 PM   #15
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
New Forest River Surveyor in 2013 that had no issues requiring me to return to the dealer for warranty work although I did improve the sliding bedroom doors retainers.

My current ACE was bought used with 2300 miles on it and we have had zero issues until this last weekend. The 1 foot wide panel in the very back that covers the transition between the back wall and ceiling started falling down. I'll fix that myself this weekend.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #16

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
That is like asking someone who has had a house built if they have had no issues, no repairs, etc.

It seems that a MH is much more like a house than a car. And the way it looks like they are built individually is exactly the reason.

You can always look at it like your MH is "custom built" and one if a kind
Old 07-26-2017, 11:49 PM   #17

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Our Axis (1st Thor) hasn't been back for repairs.

However I clearly remember 2 that never did get appropriately fixed during warranty period and one was for 2yrs (several unsuccessful return visits).
Old 07-26-2017, 11:52 PM   #18

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
We purchased our 2017 Challenger 37LX about a month ago. Haven't been out camping yet because of prior scheduled and unscheduled travel.
During the PDI we identified a number of items, then driving it home we found a few more (like that the microwave was very poorly mounted and made a spine chilling noise when we were driving).
It took a while for our dealer (CW) to "get authorization" from Thor to make repairs, but it came. CW fixed most of the items, and we take it back tomorrow morning for the rest that were waiting on parts.
We also identified various cosmetic issues on the exterior - shallow scratches that CE will buff out, molding that was damaged (I assume they parked it too near a tree or something), window frames that were beat up. It's all fixed or being fixed/replaced, so far I have no real complaints.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:00 AM   #19

Model: Hurricane
State: Alabama
THOR #7745
14 hurricane 34e bought used some cosmetic issues but no real problems have some issues w cabinet doors but outside of that I love it
Old 07-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #20

Model: Challenger 37 LX
THOR #7853
With all the different systems slapped together on a chassis built in a different place, all assembled by people who don't even go camping and have no idea how mechanical things work, the odds of having zero problems are zero themselves. Still figuring out stuff on ours and shaking my head at the "training" these people don't receive.

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote