Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2019, 11:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #16222
Going from Palazzo to Aria - Thoughts Please?

Hi All, We have a 2014 Palazzo 33.2 and have enjoyed it very much. Thinking of now going to a 2019 Aria. One of the features of the Palazzo that we really like is the mid-entry door. The Aria is front entry of course. Has anyone made the switch and what are your thoughts regarding not having the nice pull out desk top for the passenger seat? Are there other ways to conveniently host a lap top or other equipment there that others have devised? Any other thoughts are appreciated on the contrast between the two units in general as well. Thanks in advance. Dave

Old 08-04-2019, 11:28 AM   #2

Model: Tuscany 38SQ
State: North Carolina
THOR #799
We went from a Palazzo to a Tuscany XTE which was later replaced with the Aria so they are very similar. My wife does miss the pull out desk. We have not come up with a solution to that. The ride in our XTE was better and we had more room with the four slides vs. the two slides of the Palazzo. We loved the Palazzo but we liked the features that were offered in the XTE and never regretted the move. We also loved the XTE but now have a Tuscany which is even better.

Good luck with your anticipated move.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
While I personally love our mid-entry Palazzo door, and wouldn't want to deal with a 'front entry' door, I'm sure that you get used to it over time... though missing the pull out desk will be a tough one for a while... it's just nice to have that while you are driving, and even while you are parked.

I've transported many different makes and models and floorplans of gas and diesel coaches, including the Aria, Palazzo, DiscoveryLXE, BerkshireXLT, Newmars, Coachmen, Renegade, etc... all are slightly different - but I've noticed that a few provide a 'swing out' type of desk top on the passenger seat, which might be an option. I'm not as much of a fan of this type of option, because it requires you to constantly be putting it 'back' in it's storage mode whenever you need to access in/out the doorway.... not good.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palazzo vs aria