Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2016, 03:54 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSB3
State: British Columbia
THOR #2087
Good Sam Roadside Assistance Warning

We recently experienced a frustrating issue with Good Sam Roadside Assistance that I would like to pass on to forum members. We have been members for 8 years. We received a billing indicating that our membership expires in August 2016. As most Good Sam members know, when you are offered a renewal there is always an offer for a multiple year renewal at a discount. We took advantage of this for our last renewal, extending our membership until 2018. Our membership card indicates an expiry date of 2018 also.
I called Good Sam to correct the issue and experienced one of the most rude CSR's ever. After a short conversation that I sensed was quickly going off the rails, I calmly asked him if he could explain the charge on my credit card statement indicating a multiple year renewal, backed up by my membership card indicating an expiry of 2018. His reply was that he didn't care what the card or my credit card statement indicated, he would only discuss this year's renewal.
Sadly, after 8 years of membership and only one call for a battery boost, I have experienced frustration beyond belief.
It is not whether there are problems, it is how those problems are handled. At the end of the day, my money will be in someone's cash register. It, for sure, won't be in Good SAMs. We have switched to Coach-net.

2015 DRV MS 38RSB3 #7272
MORryde IS, MORryde pinbox, Curt 24K hitch
Camr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:09 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
Did you ask to speak to his manager?
Old 06-28-2016, 04:40 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Ignorant and rude CS Reps are in the wrong job. I would have been to the manager instantly.