Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #6090
Good Sam Swipe & Save

Ok, I know that gas prices at Flying J and Pilot may not be the cheapest, but we recently too our first long trip in our MH and stopped at a Pilot. We use are Good Sam Swipe & Save card as instructed, but didn't receive our instant savings. I called GS later and they asked if I had registered the card. I thought I had, but she "re-registered" it for me and said it would take 24 hours before savings would show up. Well, two days later we used it again and still didn't receive our savings even though we were at a listed station for savings. I just called GS again and I was told they would registered it again, but would also send me out new cards as ours might be damaged. I'm beginning to this this is a scam. Has anyone else had any issues with this S&S cards?

Old 03-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
Problem could be bad card or bad reader on pump. When we have problems we just go inside and cashier always gets it to work.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:47 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
I've had my GS card for several years now and use it quite regular. There are pumps were it does not work and I have to go inside to use it, but it does work. It is definitely not a scam.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:09 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
We have benefited from the GS discount at many different Pilot stations. We use the ap, Gas Buddy, to find if there is a lower priced station in range, and check with a Google maps to see if we might have a problem getting in and out.

Murphy is often the lowest price, but can be impossible for our Vegas and towed car. Pilot has often been at or near the lowest in many areas, but not always.