Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2019, 02:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #15468
Rotten eggs and leaks

Hi we are new rv owners of a 2014 Thor ace 30.1 our kitchen faucet spits out water and smells terrible-I think it might be the hot water heater needs cleaning and the pipes have air in them-does anyone have a good video showing how to fix/clean this problem? Also we have water leaking under the shower even when no one has taken a shower? Thoughts? Thanks so much for your help!

Old 06-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Search for a video on draining your water heater. Then do a google search for sanitizing your RV water system. After you do those two things the sputtering air should be taken care of and the pipes will be clean. Then track down the water leak in the shower. It may be as simple as a loose connector at the faucet/
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:02 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
As the Lt said sanitize the system and that should get rid of the smell and the air in your lines. Tracking down the leak may be a bit tougher. Go to the Thor website and click on owner resources. Enter the RV vin number and you should get a list of all products with user info including the plumbing schematics on how your pipes are routed. Should help locate the piping in the coach
Old 06-21-2019, 10:46 PM   #4

Model: SYNERGY
State: California
THOR #15407
Rotten Eggs and Leaks

We had a leak below our shower. I removed the access panel under
the shower pan and found a half a roll of black electrical tape, about a dozen screws and washers, plenty of wood shavings and a little rubber coned washer.
I felt around and found moisture on top of one of the heater duct hoses and figured the leak was coming from above. Removed the faucet assembly and found the hot water connection dripping. Removed the hose from the faucet and found out where the rubber coned shaped washer went. I installed it and no more problems. They must have dropped it when installing the hoses to the faucet and said screw it. This was like our third trip and didn't have any problems before that. Then found out the the resort had high water pressure after talking to some of the others around us. Got a pressure regulator once I got home. Don't forget to silicone around the faucet assembly when done if this is what happened to you. The electrical tape is now in my tool bag. LOL
Not sure but this might be why you have air in the system also. The only rotten egg smell I have had was when my house batteries were frying.
Crow
Old 06-22-2019, 05:23 AM   #5

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Flush the hot water heater and replace the anode. When was the last time that you replaced the anode?
Old 06-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
https://youtu.be/QjEPy21nIrQ
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:12 PM   #7

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Flush the hot water heater and replace the anode. When was the last time that you replaced the anode?

It's a brand new to them, 2014.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote