Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation Sprinter 24ST
State: Arkansas
THOR #1828
Grey Tank Not Draining

2015 Citation Sprinter 24ST. Grey holding tank under shower is not draining. Black tank drains fine. Draining grey tank appears to only drain from the kitchen. Not sure where the bathroom grey tank (small sink and shower) are plumbed to but these are not draining.

I've placed Tank Techs RX in toilet, kitchen sink and bathroom shower... filled tanks and let sit for a week. Black tank is pretty clean... sensors seem to be working.

Has any one else seen this issue? Does any one know where the 2015 Citation should have the bathroom shower plumbed into holding tanks?

Appreciate any advice on how to fix this.

Thanks

(When we're not on the road)
JasonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
When I bought my challenger no one could tell me how the 3 waste tanks (2 grey and 1 black) were plumbed. When I got it home I ran each fixture, one at a time, and then pulled the valves to see which fixtures drained into which tanks. I later received the waste water diagrams from Thor and the diagrams confirmed how my system was plumbed, which was how I determined them to be doing my little home test.

Some of the Thor models seem to drain sinks or a shower into the black tank as well as the toilet.

My recommendation is to either perform the test mentioned above or to call or email Thor and ask for the waste water diagram for your model coach. While your at it ask them for the fresh water and electrical diagrams as well. Those could come in handy in the future.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
I followed Dave's lead and contacted Thor for the plumbing and electric schematics. My bathroom sink drains into the Black Tank.

Another way to check where something is draining is to dump all of the tanks. Then if you want to know where the shower drains, pour a 1/2 gallon of RV antifreeze down the shower. Put a clear plastic fitting in line with the sewer hose and dump one tank at a time. When you see pink, that is where the shower is plumbed to.

Fred
Old 09-27-2015, 03:25 AM   #4

THOR #1828
While I seem to have two areas collecting grey waste water, I only have one grey tank dump valve. There is also a black tank dump valve.

Pulling these (one at a time) causes waste water to drain. I have a clear fixture on the RV end of my sewer hose and can watch waste water as it is expelled.

After draining through both of these valves, water remains visible in the holding area below the shower. This area is not draining when I pull either the black tank or the grey tank valve handles.

If it is supposed to drain into the black tank, shouldn't there be a valve to open for this to happen? Surely bathroom grey tank would not remain "open" to the black tank, would it? (This would let noxious odors escape into the bathroom all the time.)

Is there another valve some where else? Could one be "hidden" some where I don't know about?

I will follow advice to contact Thor for plumbing and wiring diagrams. Perhaps this will help.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If you are looking down the shower drain you may be seeing water that is held in a P trap. That is supposed to be there to keep gases from travelling back through the drains. The same plumbing principles apply to a house.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #6

THOR #1828
I should have thought of that. I'm familiar with P traps but it did not seem like there was room for one in this location. However, this should be easy enough to test.

I'll run water into the shower drain and watch for overflow. While also observing black tank fill sensors.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
It wouldn't hurt to contact Thor. Just have the last 8 digits of the VIN and they can tell you exactly where the shower drains into. The number for Thor is (877) 855-2867

Fred
Old 09-28-2015, 01:30 PM   #8

THOR #1828
Thanks to all who posted replies and advice.

I'm feeling kind of stupid... turns out visible water in shower drain must be a P trap. Ran water in shower base and it drained.

Even better it drained into the grey tank... not the smaller black tank.

I was getting nervous because I've had three significant repairs required on this still fairly new unit. Sky light leaked and had to be removed and re-installed. Auto side steps broke and I'm waiting for parts. (Thor apparently stopped using steps from this maker and is switching to a different source... and parts are backlogged.) And... we still haven't used the shower because it appears there's a crack in the shower surround.

All this makes me wonder how common such issues are and how many things other owners have to deal with. Are you all reasonably happy with your RVs and with support from Thor?

Old 09-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yes: Very happy with our RV and
Yes: happy with support from Thor
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #10

Model: Palazzo
State: Texas
THOR #2072
If you are dealing with Camping World they will tell you all kinds of stuff on your parts.

Call Thor yourself and ask them to help you with your parts wait time.
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
citation sprinter, grey holding tank, holding tank blockage