Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2018, 08:28 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: California
THOR #4835
HDMI Amplifier Splitter

I have installed a DVD player using the splitter. I have no problem watching the dvd on the main and bedroom TV. I cannot watch on the outside TV, am I missing something? I have a 2016 Windsport 32n.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #2

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #9030
Hi DebbieR, You will need a HDMI matrix switch to be able to send HDMI signals to each tv. I installed HDMI cables to all three (front, outside, and garage) tvs then added a 4x4 HDMI matrix switch that allows me to watch satellite or the DVD on any tv. Make sure you get a true matrix switch so you can watch any input to the switch (satellite or DVD) on any tv at the same time. If you do not get a true matrix switch you will only be able to watch the same input on all tvs. My 4x4 HDMI matrix switch costs about $100 through Amazon.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:40 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
First, make sure you have a 3rd hdmi cable connected to the splitter that goes to the outdoor tv. My hurricane had one but it was different than the two that went to the inside TVs, however the outside hdmi cable end had partially pulled loose during installation at the factory according to the warranty repair tech. So, they had to run a new cable. A good way to test for this is to take each cable off the back of the splitter and connect it directly to the DVD player then check the correspond tv for a signal on hdmi 3 (at least it was on mine). This way you can confirm if the cable is actually bad
Old 02-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #5645
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtymer View Post
Hi DebbieR, You will need a HDMI matrix switch to be able to send HDMI signals to each tv. I installed HDMI cables to all three (front, outside, and garage) tvs then added a 4x4 HDMI matrix switch that allows me to watch satellite or the DVD on any tv. Make sure you get a true matrix switch so you can watch any input to the switch (satellite or DVD) on any tv at the same time. If you do not get a true matrix switch you will only be able to watch the same input on all tvs. My 4x4 HDMI matrix switch costs about $100 through Amazon.
Which model #? I see an AVENK for $135 - everything else that says 4x4 true is more.
WarEagleDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #5

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #9030
Hi WarEagleDan, This is the HDMI matrix switch that I bought on Amazon for $100.

IBIT HDMI Matrix Switch 4x4,True Matrix HDMI Switch 3D 4K Powered Splitter Switcher Support EDID with IR Remote Control (4 in and 4 out)
Sold by: Ibit Offical
Old 02-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtymer View Post
Hi WarEagleDan, This is the HDMI matrix switch that I bought on Amazon for $100.

IBIT HDMI Matrix Switch 4x4,True Matrix HDMI Switch 3D 4K Powered Splitter Switcher Support EDID with IR Remote Control (4 in and 4 out)
Sold by: Ibit Offical
We have the same HDMI switch and it is a true 4x4 matrix switch. Very pleased with it!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #7

Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
We have the same HDMI switch and it is a true 4x4 matrix switch. Very pleased with it!
Why did you switch the switcher ? Lol Ours has no Audio from DVD to TV. Have connected the DVD PLAYER directly to the TV, audio works, also replaced each DDMI cableone at a time with known good cable to no avail. So must be something wrong with the audio signal in the switcher.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #8

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxjr758 View Post
Why did you switch the switcher ? Lol Ours has no Audio from DVD to TV. Have connected the DVD PLAYER directly to the TV, audio works, also replaced each DDMI cableone at a time with known good cable to no avail. So must be something wrong with the audio signal in the switcher.
The switcher that came with the Hurricane wasn't a true matrix switch. So whatever input was selected was for all TVs at the same time. You couldn't watch DVD on one TV and satellite on another.

We haven't had any audio problems with ours. We did upgrade all of the HDMI cables (especially the main TV where it was easy) to be able to use HD/4K. Some of the cheap cables don't support the latest standards.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #9

Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
The switcher that came with the Hurricane wasn't a true matrix switch. So whatever input was selected was for all TVs at the same time. You couldn't watch DVD on one TV and satellite on another.

We haven't had any audio problems with ours. We did upgrade all of the HDMI cables (especially the main TV where it was easy) to be able to use HD/4K. Some of the cheap cables don't support the latest standards.
Thanks ! I was just wondering if you had had Problems with yours. If I'm getting picture from the DVD PLAYER, I should be getting the Audio right?
Think I'll go with the True Matrix Switcher see if that cures the problem