Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2018, 08:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Question Help! Cannot get to TV plugs

I have searched the threads and googled for an answer on how to get to my TV plugs. I have 3 TV's and want to add ChromeCast or some mirroring device to all 3. However, I just cannot see how the things are attached to the wall. I've read about panels on the bottom of TV's and couldn't find anything like it on mine. I've read about magnets and yanked a little (didn't want to break it.)

I've read this thread at least a 1/2 dozen times and I'm still not sure.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/...e-tv-2299.html

The RV is a 2018 Thor Vegas 24.1 and the TV's all appear to be standard factory jobs with standard factory mounts.

I'm sure there's some way to do it and I'm afraid I'll break it if I get in there and start yanking while I'm frustrated.

Anything will help, but pictures get double bonus points! Thanks!

Old 06-02-2018, 09:41 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
For the TV over the door open the cabinet above the sink: You should find an HDMI wire laying there (above the shelf--may need a step stool).

For the outside TV open the outside storage unit in front of the rear tire below the TV you should find an HDMI connector (and some RCA jacks) right there.

For the TV in the bedroom you may find an HDMI cable laying in the upper cabinet right next to it.

Shouldn't have to pull any of the TVs off the wall unless you want to use more than just HDMI 1.

Ed's excellent crowd source owner's manual has all the details on the TVs: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:41 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
For your inside TVs, I would presume there is a lever on the bottom left behind the TV itself. Lift towards you and then pull up. As for the outside TV, usually there are 4 screws that you have to take out and then the TV along with the mount will come out. Again, lift towards you and up. I hope this helps.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:39 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Add ChromeCast to the RV televisions...

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:09 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

You'd think that but not so much for a couple of reasons:
  • RV Park internet/wifi usually doesn't have the bandwidth for ChromeCast
  • It is really difficult to get the ChromeCast sync'd up to the parks WiFi--far easier to use your phone as a hotspot or manufacture your own WiFi (several posts on here about that)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #6

Model: Axis 25.5
THOR #4802
Sounds like you're trying to get TV's away from the wall. IF so, TV above door should have a lever on bottom of mount that releases it. Flip that lever and tilt bottom of TV out, then lift it off the mount hooks. Outside and bedroom TV's are on swing arms and held in place with magnets. Gently pull on lower right corner of TV's and they should swing out and away from wall.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #7

THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

I do intend to upgrade the wireless signal so that we can watch the Tampa Bay Rays while on the road. The guy in the link below says he prefers Roku products over Chromecast. (He doesn't sell Roku as he pointed me to Amazon to purchase, but he does sell products to enhance WiFi.)

https://store.livinlite.net/
Old 06-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #8

THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
For the TV over the door open the cabinet above the sink: You should find an HDMI wire laying there (above the shelf--may need a step stool).

For the outside TV open the outside storage unit in front of the rear tire below the TV you should find an HDMI connector (and some RCA jacks) right there.

For the TV in the bedroom you may find an HDMI cable laying in the upper cabinet right next to it.

Shouldn't have to pull any of the TVs off the wall unless you want to use more than just HDMI 1.

Ed's excellent crowd source owner's manual has all the details on the TVs: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
Great answers. I have found a cable in the cabinet next to the TV over the entrance. Also while poking, pulling, prodding, pushing around that same TV there was a loose cable. I need to investigate that further. I didn't really see any loose cables on the other TV's, but will do an in-depth search.

I had previously downloaded and saved that document to my cloud. It is totally amazing. I will endeavor to read it more thoroughly and perhaps even get it printed out and put it in a binding.