Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2019, 08:49 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 32.1 ACE
State: Texas
THOR #14323
Hidden valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formia1 View Post
We have a 2018 Vegas 25.6 and. It also has a second black tank valve that was never discussed during pre-delivery. Thor plumbs the bathroom sink on this model to the black tank to balance the volume between the tanks.

Both my showers are on the passenger side, one toilet on passenger & one one on drivers, the dump valves on driver side. One black tank, rear) sensor shows some left. I'm wondering if its the sensor or I have a hidden valve too. 2019 Thor 32.1 ACE

Old 07-13-2019, 09:59 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
How much was the gauge showing in that rear black tank; before you dumped it?
If you can: crawl under the your rig by the rear black tank. If there's another "hidden" valve there: you'll see it!
Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:21 PM   #23

State: California
THOR #10044
Hidden third tank valve

We also have a 25.3 with the "hidden valve" Fortunately, on our purchase walk thru the teck pointed out the valve. However, in my hastily scribbled notes of that day I indicated it was for the gray water! So, for a year I had been dumping the gray and black in reverse order! No real problems as result fortunately.
A word of caution-before driving off after the dumping, double check that you closed that third "hidden valve" It can easily be broken off as it hangs so low in the open position. I nearly did so when backing into our storage space which has a curb at the rear. Fortunately my wife saw the problem as I was backing.

Also, the pipe running across the rear of the RV from that valve to the actual dump valve is not well secured-especially in the middle of the run. I reinforced it with some heavy duty straps to help handle any sag from the weight when filled with waste.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:57 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Axis 2018 View Post
Wait...I have a 2018 Axis 25.5 and have never seen a second black tank valve (only the one in the wet bay). I have also never encountered problems with emptying my tanks. Is there some extra black tank valve I should be releasing? I only have one toilet in my unit and it is on the black tank side.
Yes, you do have a second valve but apparently it's been open the whole time you owned it. Otherwise, there would be a pretty nasty overflow in your bathroom. I know, not funny. Really, you do have one. I have a 2018 Vegas 25.5, The other valve can be located from the back of the coach, driver's side. Reach under the bumper and forward. You will find it. Of course, there is always the possibility they forgot to install it on yours but I doubt it. I'm sure it hasn't hurt anything by not having it closed but I would suggest closing it while not in use. I keep that one open while I'm hooked to sewage and close it after flushing the tank and hose prior to leaving the campground.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #25

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach View Post
We have a 2017 Vegas 25.3 which we just purchased. Today, on our third trip out, we discovered a third valve just behind the tailpipe on the passenger side. We had dumped both the black and gray tanks, but until we emptied that THIRD valve we were experiencing horrible smells! Nothing in the documents mentioned this valve. Had we not accidentally found this, I fear we would have experienced a severe backup issue!
Before you found this valve, did your sensor for the black tank show it was empty, which would be puzzling, or did it show maybe 1/3 before you dumped with the second valve?
Old 07-13-2019, 11:44 PM   #26

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAtrailtrimmer View Post
Wow, thanks for that. I opened the hidden valve first and the the main valve. Fortunately no problems, but your way makes far more sense.
Same with us, but we are changing our ways also.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:18 AM   #27

Model: A.C.E. 32.1
THOR #15902
I have a 2019 ACE 32.1. If anyone could show a picture of what these “hidden” black tank valves look like, that would be helpful.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:09 AM   #28

Model: 32.1 ACE
State: Texas
THOR #14323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampants81 View Post
I have a 2019 ACE 32.1. If anyone could show a picture of what these “hidden” black tank valves look like, that would be helpful.
I have the same year model, I crawled under it this morning to see if I had one.

Didn't see any valve & didn't see any PVC piping either. This model must have a sub-floor to house the plumbing.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #29

Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
My challenger has 2 grey water tanks, one for the shower and one for the washer, galley and bathroom sinks.
One black water valve that's separate, which is a pain to rinse out after emptying.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:58 PM   #30

State: New Jersey
THOR #15200
Hi. We have a 2018 Axis 25.5. On our only trip so far we dumped without a problem. I didn't know about a hidden valve. Where exactly is it? Since we dumped without a problem does that mean it is already open? Thanks for any input!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:37 PM   #31

THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Hi. We have a 2018 Axis 25.5. On our only trip so far we dumped without a problem. I didn't know about a hidden valve. Where exactly is it? Since we dumped without a problem does that mean it is already open? Thanks for any input!
Yes, you do have a second valve that apparently has been open since you have owned it. It is located from the back of the coach, under and forward of the bumper, on the driver's side.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:07 AM   #32

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampants81 View Post
I would love to post a picture for you, but I can't for the life of me figure out how! Heck, I can't even get a profile pic to upload.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:33 PM   #33

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #13282
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
I wish that were true but, unfortunately, there is only one grey tank on the Vegas/Axis, same as most motor homes. Sure would be handy to have a second one though. The grey fills up too fast. I blame it on the DW using so much water to wash her hair (though it's probably me taking showers every time I break a sweat).
We have a Axis 25.5 and I found that " 3rd " valve after two nights at different locations, very frustrating, dealer never mentioned this, I like the idea of a remote operated right side valve >> no tailgater would ever be safe again lol
Old 07-23-2019, 11:49 PM   #34

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
I would love to post a picture for you, but I can't for the life of me figure out how! Heck, I can't even get a profile pic to upload.
When you go to quote....a box pops up to write in. At the top, there is a little paper clip icon...click on it, choose your file and upload.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #35

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #13282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
You can email the photo to lazypyro2@gmail.com

Thanks Bill
Old 07-24-2019, 10:54 AM   #36

Model: Freedom Elite 24FE
State: Massachusetts
THOR #12891
If you have a toilet on the passenger side, then they probably left the hidden valve open like they did on my MH when i picked it up.

Once i understood what it was for, now keep it closed. It is usually just behind the tailpipe on the passenger side up where it cannot be seen.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:18 PM   #37
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Those "hidden" valves should look just like the ones on the other side of your RV.
At least they were the same on mine!
Old 07-25-2019, 02:47 PM   #38

Model: Axis 25.5
THOR #4802
On my Axis 25.5 the hidden black tank valve was installed by Thor so you had to pull it down to open. Didn’t take long for it to snag on something and break off the pull handle and metal rod. When I rebuilt my entire black water system, after it fell apart last year, I turned this valve 90 degrees so now it pulls to the rear and doesn’t snag.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #39
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
On my Axis 25.5 the hidden black tank valve was installed by Thor so you had to pull it down to open. Didn’t take long for it to snag on something and break off the pull handle and metal rod. When I rebuilt my entire black water system, after it fell apart last year, I turned this valve 90 degrees so now it pulls to the rear and doesn’t snag.
Yup! Mine was oriented in the same manner...
When I saw it sticking down: I was forced to take a peek, and figure out what it was...
Fortunately: I never caught mine on anything. I think that by twisting it 90 degrees: you made a very wise choice!
Old 07-26-2019, 01:15 AM   #40

THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
I have a 2018 25.5 and mine pulls straight out to the rear. I guess Thor must have received enough complaints, they had an "engineer" go out take a look. They figured it out...makes more since to pull back instead of down.