Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2019, 08:49 PM   #1

State: Alaska
THOR #13410
Hurricane M 29 Inverter(s)

We have had our 2018 Hurricane for only a few months and still trying to figure out how everything works. My question is about the inverters. From what I can determine we have two separate inverters, one appears dedicated to the residential refrigerator. There is one switch near the refrigerator and another on the opposite wall. The switch by the refrigerator is made by "Go Power" and the other is by "Xantrex". I'm not sure if I'm correct and if I am, I don't know if they work in conjunction with each other or separately. The other possibility is that one is for the solar "ready" plug on the roof, should I install a panel. I can't find any clear information in any of the literature that came with the vehicle. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:17 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mheller310 View Post
We have had our 2018 Hurricane for only a few months and still trying to figure out how everything works. My question is about the inverters. From what I can determine we have two separate inverters, one appears dedicated to the residential refrigerator. There is one switch near the refrigerator and another on the opposite wall. The switch by the refrigerator is made by "Go Power" and the other is by "Xantrex". I'm not sure if I'm correct and if I am, I don't know if they work in conjunction with each other or separately. The other possibility is that one is for the solar "ready" plug on the roof, should I install a panel. I can't find any clear information in any of the literature that came with the vehicle. Any help would be appreciated.

We also have a 2018 29m, you are correct in that there are 2 separate inverters, the main inverter for the TV's, outdoor fridge and computer work station is a Xantrex and it's under the bed.
The Go Power inverter powers only the main fridge and it is located behind the drawers in the bedroom right next to the fridge.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:25 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnyfolks View Post
We also have a 2018 29m, you are correct in that there are 2 separate inverters, the main inverter for the TV's, outdoor fridge and computer work station is a Xantrex and it's under the bed.
In my coach, the computer work station in front of the passenger seat has its own 120 watt inverter.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:42 AM   #4

THOR #13410
That helps a lot. Thank you. So I guess there is no controller for the solar panel hook up?
Old 01-02-2019, 12:55 AM   #5

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
Quote:
That helps a lot. Thank you. So I guess there is no controller for the solar panel hook up?

No solar controller, the solar pre-wire is under the bed where the inverter is and they are not terminated, they should be a couple of orange wires that are probably just coiled up.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:03 AM   #6
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
"Solar Ready" typically means only there is a wire somewhere running from the roof down... that's about as 'ready' as they get...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:05 AM   #7

THOR #13410
Thank you all for your help. I couldn't figure this one out. You're the best.