Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2017, 01:07 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
THOR warranty dept impresses me!

I have always read all the "horror" stories about THOR warranty service on here. I found a crack in my rear fiberglass cap, and made an appointment to take it in for repair to my dealer. I sent pictures to my dealer, and also cc a copy to THOR warranty service.

Today, I received a call from Jamie at THOR wanting to follow up and make sure that my repairs had been done satisfactorily. When I told her that I was taking it in next week, she said to call her if I had "any concerns or issues" and that "she would follow up"

So far, I have not had many occasions to call THOR for service, but every time they have been very responsive. There were some part missing when we took delivery, and our dealer and THOR had them to us in about 3 weeks (one part they actually had to build)

We haven't put a lot of miles on our coach (yet) but so far, we are very happy.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:16 AM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #6523
We've been impressed as well. For some reason Thor didn't install the accordion bedroom door in our new 2017 Axis and MHSRV wasn't exactly helpful in getting it taken care of, so I emailed Thor about it. They asked for a pic to confirm what I was talking about and immediately shipped the door to us. Another time I contacted them about the house batteries not holding a charge. With no questions asked, they offered to have a dealer replace them, or we could replace them ourselves and they'd reimburse up to $90 per battery. No complaints so far!
Old 05-26-2017, 12:48 AM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Me too. I had a minor part failure 1800 miles from home on our first trip (the metal bracket holding the inner fender or mud flap in front of one side dual wheels went missing and the rubber flap collapsed onto the tire and wore right through). Emailed Thor with a couple of photos and the parts were waiting for me when we got home. Wonderful support.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:38 AM   #4

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
So far Thor has authorized all the warrantee work the dealer has asked for. Service manager at dealer tells me, that in his opinion Thor is pretty reasonable as far as warrantee work authorization is concerned. I had an issue with the dash radio, Thor installed, not connected to the antennae mounted on the front cap. Went back and forth for a bit, Thor saying its a Mercedes cable, Mercedes saying they had nothing that would work. Dealers parts manager contacted Thor parts, they, Thor, finally identified the cable required, supplied it, and its in and working now. Took awhile, but they did finally come through.