Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2017, 03:52 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: New York
THOR #5840
Installing a recliner sofa

Hi to all. I would like to know what type and brand love seat recliners some members have installed in their Hurricane 34E or other models. I would like to replace the convertible sofa with a 58-68" power reclining love seat. There are so many choices online that may or may not be a good fit. Your opinions are much appreciated.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Many places will let you download (or at least) show you the dimensions. A tape measure is pretty much all you need to figure out if its a good fit or not.

Keep in mind that there are limited options if you want to keep 3 position seating (like in our case I wanted to have the middle seating position available so that we retain the 5 seatbelted positions in the RV). At the moment I have this guy on order and will post more info when it gets in (sometime in Sept) and installed:
Monaco Double RV Recliner Loveseat, RV Furniture - Shop4Seats.com
The best part is that their leather color of "Chocolate" almost exactly matches the "fake" leather color we already have in the coach.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane34F
State: Texas
THOR #7086
I got mine thru RecPro for my Hurricane 34F
It is not power.
But we love it.
I paid $749.00 with free shipping direct from them. They make many sizes and they got thru the door no problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170220_135400_HDR.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	6040  
Old 07-25-2017, 02:39 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
I installed the reclining love seat from recpro.com in our Axis. They are advertised at 68" wide, but are actually more like 67". We were very pleased with them. Not too soft, not too firm. They have 2 colors (mahogany and tan). They will send you free sample of the fabric. Like Jamie we wanted to continue to use the seat belts so we secured the love seat to the floor with L brackets.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #5

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
did any of you explore doing some non rv specific furniture.... like say something from Ikea?
Seems to me that it could work just as well if you can find something that fits the hole.... and it could be a whole lot cheaper....
Old 07-25-2017, 08:10 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: New York
THOR #5840
Thanks to all for the advise. The door opening on my rig is about 23". Therefore the recliner would have to break down into pieces that will fit
Through the door opening. I know the backs come off but not sure about other sections.